• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop update 22.4.1-File Formats?

Explorer ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to save a file as a .jpg there is no option. The only formats available to save as are .psd, .tiff and .psb. Where are all the other formats that we used to be able to save as? If I use an earlier version of Photoshop, all other file formats are available. I had to open a different version of Photoshop to save this attached image as a jpg file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Take a look here - it explains the reasoning behind the change: https://petapixel.com/2021/05/18/photoshops-save-as-function-has-changed-on-mac-heres-why/

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Changed Photoshop "Save As" UI and operation in its 22.4 update and also added a "Save a Copy..." feature and UI that operate quite like prior Photoshop  version Save as feature however Save a Copy may append " copy" to the file name being saved, because Apple made a change to their Mac OSX OS that will add " copy" instead of over writing an existing file.  The way photoshop operates has been changed.  Photoshop no longer works the way it did in the past.  Adobe has change how Photoshop works. You need to address Photoshop changed  operation. Apple seems to control how Adobe programs Photoshop.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this info JJMack. I see now what you mean..I have to save as copy..and then earase the "copy" in the file name. What a pain!! Gesh..it was fine as it was..now we have to take an extra step. Not happy about this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you asked the question, as I just updated and encountered the issue. I agree with you that this is stupid. I wish a true challenger to Adobe would exist. Only real competition will force Adobe to function properly and stop making idiotic changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look here - it explains the reasoning behind the change: https://petapixel.com/2021/05/18/photoshops-save-as-function-has-changed-on-mac-heres-why/

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. If this truly is due to Apple's OS, then that makes me angrier. I don't give a crap about what Apple wants and how it operates. I don't use it. It should have no bearing on how Photoshop works with my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand that, I am also a Windows user. 

Adobe had a choice. Change Photoshop for Macs only or change for Mac and Windows together. Many Windows users would prefer they did the first, however many other users, organisations and developers of plug ins and actions would go for the latter - keeping the two platform versions aligned as has been a long held position. That is what Adobe chose to do.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines