Highlighted

Photoshop update mess with file icons

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why each annual update of Photoshop mess with files icons on Windows. Instead of icons with .psd, .psb and others files type names I have only standard app icon in Windows Explorer. It's always the same each year. I know it's a little thing but c'mon, it's frustrating dear Adobe.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop update mess with file icons

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why each annual update of Photoshop mess with files icons on Windows. Instead of icons with .psd, .psb and others files type names I have only standard app icon in Windows Explorer. It's always the same each year. I know it's a little thing but c'mon, it's frustrating dear Adobe.

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 31, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a hack... Just by accident, I found a solution. I was switching file association between different graphic apps and back to Photoshop but it doesn't work. But then by just a mistake I set Adobe Illustrator as the default app for .psd files, and after that set back Photoshop as default app to bring back all icons with the file type name.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0