• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop updates looses gpu detection on my Lenovo Slim 7 (after 22.3)

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With 22.3 my Lenovo slim 7 (AMD 4800u) was working just fine with PS. My gpu was detected and  supported (could tick it in performance). Liquify and adapted wide angle was working just fine. After PS got updated to 22.3.1 my gpu could not be selected anymore in PS performance preferences which caused that I can not use Liquify and adapted wide angle on my laptop.

I've had contact with Adobe helpdesk and they told my that the new PS need more gpu ram which caused that my gpu was not sufficient anymore.

Why break something which was just working fine??

This forces me to stick with 22.3 which sucks..

Anyone else faces the same problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

The minimum requirements for Photoshop changed with the 2021 version when it initially came out last year. However, some older or under powered graphics cards were still being detected in Photoshop & were causing issues. Hence, our product team had to implement changes to ensure that unsupported graphics cards do not cause the app to crash or behave abnormally.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop due to the issues with the GPU.With Photoshop 22.3.1 we had a known issue in Photoshop where the application was not able to detect some supported graphics cards. Please update Photoshop to the latest version (22.4.1), to check if that helps.

If the issue persists, please ensure that the GPU you have on the laptop meets the minimum system requirements for Photoshop. You can check the details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

You can also check out: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply. The thing is, my laptop's graphic card doesn't meet the minimum requirements but that wasn't anny problem with the 22.3 Version of PS. Liquify and adapted wide angle were runing just fine. After updating to 22.3.1 the trouble started which cause I can't use liquify and adapted wide angle anymore..

So why did Adobe change the rules for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The minimum requirements for Photoshop changed with the 2021 version when it initially came out last year. However, some older or under powered graphics cards were still being detected in Photoshop & were causing issues. Hence, our product team had to implement changes to ensure that unsupported graphics cards do not cause the app to crash or behave abnormally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But I didn't had any issue with my gpu but now I have. I can't use liquify and adapted wide angle anymore 😞

So why disable this fuction which was working just fine with me? Just give me the option to enable it and give warning to use at own risk because it might cause issue's (which is not the case for me)

If it works, don't break it..

Please?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines