Photoshop updates

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last time I updated Photoshop via the Creative Cloud, it had dire consequences. I simply could not open Photoshop afterwards - not at all. I asked for help and was told it was a problem with the faulting module with the MAC OS. In the end I had to ask Adobe support to go back to the previous version of Photoshop because I simply can't work without Photoshop and every time I tried to launch it, it simply crashed. I haven't updated siuce for that reason, yet I notice there are two updates now available and I'm experiencing a few new problems - again with Photoshop.

Is it safe to update or not? Does anyone know please?

And where has the patch tool gone? It seems to have totally disappeared along with eraser opotions and several other extras I used to have ... 

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. First, patch tool is still under the Spot healing brush set in the toolbar. If you don't see that, or other toolbar options you expect, please click the three dots at the bottom of the toolbar, choose Edit Toolbar, and restore defaults.

Which version of MacOS are you using? There are some errors happening in Big Sur, that I see on these pages, but nothing like the app not opening at all. Perhaps this version isn't compatible with your Graphics card? (see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html)

Personally, I'm doing okay with the newest PS on my MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave (except for some GPU issues).

If your GPU is sufficient, did Adobe support have you try the Adobe Cleaner tool before reinstalling the new version? You may want to check that out... https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines