• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Upgrade to V22.0

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since installing the photoshop upgrade to V 22.0, I am no longer able to use the program.  I get a program error with any action I take.  Please issue an corrected upgrade or tell me how to go back to the previous version.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alfonsoc4523332_0-1603216422835.png

I have de same problem....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear about the program error. Could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would if I could. Any action I take after launching crashes the app, including opening preferences and trying to disable the graphic processor. I think the best experience I've sustained before a crash today involved three clicks of interaction. In most cases, the first click results in an instant crash.

MacOS 10.15.7, AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8, 72Gb ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Windows. Nothing works, even closing the app doesn't... Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone at Adobe working on this?  It has been a week since Adobe said its engineers were working on this and still no word?

At least some communication that the issue is still under review would help.  That would make users feel like Adobe cares about this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To uninstall a version of Photoshop, or install an earlier version, open the Creative Cloud desktop app. Got to the All Apps section, click on the three dot menu at the right of Photoshop". You can select Uninstall, or install an earlier version via "Other versions".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled using graphic prcessor and cleared recent files and it is working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain what you mean when you say "cleared recent files"

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone heard when this issue is going to be corrected?  I have had to roll back to the V 21.2.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, there are often this kind of problems when you let the update with preferences of the older version. 

The first thing to try is reset preferences like said in the user guide : https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Using a keyboard shortcut

• Quit Photoshop.
  • Hold down the following keyboard shorcut and launch Photoshop:

macOS

• command + option + shift

Windows

• ctrl + alt + shift
  • Open Photoshop.
  • Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much for the input.  I followed all the instructions from Adobe -

Uncheck use of video card memory

Delete preferrences 

Re-install Photoshop

Finally, I rolled back to V21.2.4

Rolling back solved the issues with V22

Adobe has stated that their engineers are looking at why this version is having these problems.

It sound like the issue is the age of my video card (more than a few years old)

Adobe's response has been swap to a newer video card to see if that helps -- not a very good answer!

Thanks again for the input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines