• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop v 21.2 wrong colours

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last update of Photoshop is causing colour mismatch when I open Raw files from Lightroom. It doesn't matter if I use Open as smart object or normally - the colours are totally off.

This does not happen if I open in previous version of PS v 20.0.9 so the problem is obviously in the new version! I could not figure out what is this, the colour profiles are the same in PS and LR, and I didn't change anything myself.

Another thing I noticed:

1) I set additional external software in LR to be the old version of PS v20.0.9

2) When I have the new PS v21.2 open in background and in LR chooze to open in PS v20.0.9 it opens it in the new PS v21.2 with correct colours!!!

3) I think it is because LR creates a TIFF file as it sends it to PS....

So weird. Can someone please advise what to do?

Thank you!

Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please set the Status Bar to »Document Profile« and post screenshots of the image opened in both Photoshop versions.

What are the Color Settings all araound? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are screenshots from LR, and both PS versions. It turns out that both PS versions experience the same issue. I thought the old version is displaying correct colours but no, when I open RAW file directly it also gets this magenta cast. It seems something is wrong with RAW conversion because if I save a file in TIFF from LR and open in PS it works well.

Same problem happens in Adobe Bridge.

Is it possible that there is incompatibility with Nikon RAW files?

LR correct colours.jpgPS v20.0.9.jpgPS v21.2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you save the tif in Lightroom what is its Color Space? 

What are the Color Settings all araound? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went step by step through the edits in LR and it turns out this issue appears only when changing White Balance of the image. All the other edits don't cause this issue so it seems like a bug to me. Or I am missing something here. I updated all CS programs so I don't think there is a conflict with different versions of Raw converters...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open the Raw in Photoshop as a Smart Object is the White Balance-setting lost? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the thing. I can do any edit and the photo looks identical in PS/CR and LR. Hoever as soon as I alter white bapance, there is colour discrepancy. See attched screenshots - one is PS/CR where I imported photo from LR as a smart object and it looked identical. Then I set WB in both CR and LR to daylight (5500/10) and the photo looks very different in each program.

CR.jpgLR.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines