Photoshop V 22.0 Overscroll Hand Tool Spacebar Error

Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to PS v22.0 and had multiple errors with tools. The biggest one was the spacebar not pulling up the hand tool and letting me scroll around the canvas. I checked the overscroll tick box and tried it ticked and unticked; same error for each. Tried to change the keyboard shortcut, but that didn't help. Uninstalled twice and reinstalled and that didn't help. Downgraded to 21.2.4 and everything is working fine.

I am wondering if these errors have anything to do with my PC not being the latest and greatest. I know that sounds like an amature thing to say, and I kinda am. I am not able to do anything with OpenGL, well, anything. Can't do the pattern preview, mess with certain graphics, ... anything taught at MAX that required OpenGL capabilities. Noone that I watched talked about that either. This was the first I heard of it as this is not my job, but a hobby.

Anyway, off topic a bit, but I wonder if that is part of the issue. Do I have to have certain PC specs to manipulate OpenGL stuff, and would that same issue affect how shortcuts work, or in my case, don't work? It's strange, cuz the beta Neural Filters worked just fine. So, how do I get the spacebar hand tool overscroll issue resolved for the latest PS v 22.0?

Thanks for any help that leads to a solution.

Peace -

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop V 22.0 Overscroll Hand Tool Spacebar Error

Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to PS v22.0 and had multiple errors with tools. The biggest one was the spacebar not pulling up the hand tool and letting me scroll around the canvas. I checked the overscroll tick box and tried it ticked and unticked; same error for each. Tried to change the keyboard shortcut, but that didn't help. Uninstalled twice and reinstalled and that didn't help. Downgraded to 21.2.4 and everything is working fine.

I am wondering if these errors have anything to do with my PC not being the latest and greatest. I know that sounds like an amature thing to say, and I kinda am. I am not able to do anything with OpenGL, well, anything. Can't do the pattern preview, mess with certain graphics, ... anything taught at MAX that required OpenGL capabilities. Noone that I watched talked about that either. This was the first I heard of it as this is not my job, but a hobby.

Anyway, off topic a bit, but I wonder if that is part of the issue. Do I have to have certain PC specs to manipulate OpenGL stuff, and would that same issue affect how shortcuts work, or in my case, don't work? It's strange, cuz the beta Neural Filters worked just fine. So, how do I get the spacebar hand tool overscroll issue resolved for the latest PS v 22.0?

Thanks for any help that leads to a solution.

Peace -

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 22, 2020 1
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using photoshop V22.0 which i downloaded recently

and I'm having the same problem...Untitled.jpg

Whenever I press Spacebar or choose the Hand Tool from the Tool Bar, then click the mouse to move the picture, it doesn't work!!! and a small window show up saying (Could not complete your request because of a program error) with Ok button...

In the previeus versions it works perfectly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 1
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. A lot and lot of errors and bugs. That happens when they rush with updates. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two copies of CC. One is personal and on my personal PC. The other is for work and is on the company laptop. V22 on my personal PC has this issue. V22 on the company laptop, which they just updated yesterday, does not have the issue. I may try to re-update my personal PC to V22 to see if the issue is corrected now with a fresh install.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem with Photoshop. Running V22 on Windows 10 (updated). Not having this issue with Illustrator (also current 2021 version). Uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, same error message "Could not complete your request because of a system error." Am going to reinstall 21.2.4.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to my post above: uninstalled V22, reinstalled V21.2.4 and got back the following functionality (with no other mods):

- Hand tool and spacebar quick key now working - V22 was kicking error message

- Solid Color fill on new layer now working on bottom tool bar (the half-filled circle) - V22 was ignoring the click

- Marching ants appearing on selected areas - on V22 they were stationary. 

- All 2021 Illustrator upgrade functions still working smoothly

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 22.0.1 and the overscroll is working.

Haven't checked out any of the other issues people have noted, but the report in this thread has been fixed, or so it seems so far as of 9:20 am est 11.19.2020.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 1