• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop v20.2.4 no longer opening on Widows 7 Pro Desktop

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until a couple of days ago I was able to open Photoshop CC v20.2.4 on my Windows 7 Pro desktop. I tried to open a file from Bridge today, and Photoshop will not open. Initializing sequence starts then crashes. I have uninstalled Photoshop and Bridge and my Cloud App says I can download Bridge v10.1.166 and Photoshop v 20.2.4 which are the Only past versions listed and supposedly still compatible according to the Cloud App. I did not open them but did restart my desktop after the downloads. Bridge opens but Photoshop still crashes before opening. Frustrated to say the least. Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New video driver in Windows Update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, have not updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Photoshop crashes, it's usually because of the video driver. Check it in any case, see if you can either update or roll back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course, that's it. You still get ACR updates even when running an old PS version, and the last one won't run under Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks eveyrone that responded so far. Here's what I've done to solve my issue. I had a system image that I saved to a Passport Drive last month when Photoshop was still opening, so I copied all the new files I had added to a couple of USB Thumbs since I did the image and re imaged my desktop overnight.                                               I've gone into my Cloud settings and disabled Auto App Updates and I'm back to ACR v13.02, Bridge v10.1.166, and Photoshop v21.2.4. Everting seems OK now except I no longer have Scrubby Zoom and the same problem some others are now having with the newest V with no red overlay to indicate brush size and hardness (which is a PITA), but I guess I will have to live with it on that Desktop that I use with my printer. My other newer Desktop is OK for now.                                                                                                                                          So as a couple of you suggested , it could have been either a new Video card driver I had installed , or the newer version of  ACR 13.1 that was causing my crash. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines