Highlighted

Photoshop v21.2.4 - will not update (MacOS High Sierra)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The button for updating to 21.2.4 in creative cloud is not doing anything, is there something I can do to make the update work? 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop v21.2.4 - will not update (MacOS High Sierra)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The button for updating to 21.2.4 in creative cloud is not doing anything, is there something I can do to make the update work? 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be time to upgrade your OS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek, if you would like to purchase me a new iMac I'll gladly update the OS, but for now im stuck on High Sierra.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just double checked and High Sierra is listed as the minimum requirement for Photoshop so it should work. I am waiting for the release of the new Arm based Macs to upgrade, seems like a poor time to buy another Intel Mac. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit--Cmd Q--the Creative Cloud app and restart it. See if the update is available now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks gener7, after a few restarts of the computer and the creative cloud app it's updating now. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While restarting sounds obvious, many miss it as a way to clear up problems caused by keeping the Mac/PC in standby or sleep mode.

Glad it took care of that problem.

As a "heads up" Photoshop v 22 is dropping support for Windows 7 and MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra) Those Operating Systems have reached their end of support.

Gene

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate. Interestingly High Sierra came out 8 years after windows 7, and two years after windows 10. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0
gener7 LATEST
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS goes through a major OS release every year, Windows will stretch it out over numerous service packs and updates. Odd enough Windows 8 is not supported. Two companies, two ways of doing things.

Either way if a developer's new software has a problem with an unsupported OS, it won't be fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0