• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop v21.2 Crashing

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the latest version of Photoshop (v21.2) on a macOS Catalina (vs 10.15.5).  I was working on an existing file that I have saved as a template.  I was trying to adust the drop shadow on a type layer, and when the effects box opens, the program crashes. This has happened 3 times.  It's not recovering my work which is becoming frustrating (luckily it was early on in the process so I didn't lose much of anything important).  Is this a common / known problem with this update? Does anyone have any suggestions for work arounds (similar to the brightness/contrast work around on the last version). TIA!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning on (or off, depending on the current settings) Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Legacy Compositing and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Are the Rulers hidden? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does anyone have any solution to this?  I'm also running on macOS Catalina and facing this exact same issue ever since upgrading to the latest version 21.2.  I had to downgrade to an older version of Photoshop since I already lost so many of my progress (happened multiple times already), and none of them were recovered.

None of what c_pfaffenbichler said worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines