Highlighted

Photoshop v21 running extremely slow

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to v21 yesterday and had to roll back to v20.0.7 within an hour. I was working with a document that had only one layer and maybe 30 slices on it. Zooming in/out as well as adjusting slices took several seconds just to complete. I ended up removing the image layer, so that all remained was the checkerboard canvas and slices.  Still extremely slow.  GPU was running at a pretty high rate too for almost doing nothing too, around 60% utilization.  I tried adjusting File Handling preferences, GPU preferences, Legacy Compositing.  After rolling back to 20.0.7 everything was fast as ever.

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop v21 running extremely slow

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to v21 yesterday and had to roll back to v20.0.7 within an hour. I was working with a document that had only one layer and maybe 30 slices on it. Zooming in/out as well as adjusting slices took several seconds just to complete. I ended up removing the image layer, so that all remained was the checkerboard canvas and slices.  Still extremely slow.  GPU was running at a pretty high rate too for almost doing nothing too, around 60% utilization.  I tried adjusting File Handling preferences, GPU preferences, Legacy Compositing.  After rolling back to 20.0.7 everything was fast as ever.

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 07, 2019 2
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening to me. It runs slower and slower as time goes on. I had to revert to the previous version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 1
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and have reported it seperatley - its definitely to do with slices as I can reproduce it on 3 PCs (Mac and Windows) by simply creating a new documents and then adding slices.

The more slices you add the worse it gets. Also if you hide slices it instantly speeds up. I have been on to Adobe support about this and they said they would escalate it so have emailed them over details of my PC ets as requested (even though I know it has nothing to do with my PC as it happens on 3 different systems).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 1
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening to me!  I'm working with 64GB of RAM and Photoshop is dragging, the wheel is turning all the time, it's shocking!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2019 1
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening to me, and I'm pretty sure this happens to everyone. We just happen to be the ones giving the feedback. Please do somehting about this Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem... had to go back to previous version...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2019 0