• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop ver. 7.0 on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot install my old Photoshop 7.0 after having installed Windows 10.

Can anybody help me?

Preben Kaas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
May 07, 2016 May 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Idelmartin,

Thank you for the superb advice my friend. This addressed this incredibly annoying problem for me.

The thing blocking mine was rundll.exe. Once I ended that process, the Photoshop 7 install kicked in as usual.

Beginning to wish I'd gone with Windows 7 instead of being a guinea pig for 10 while they bug fix it!

Thanks so much for your great advice on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have no idea how many hours ive tried to get my Photoshop 7 to run. I wish I had seen this sooner. YOU my dear sir are a god to me. As soon as I followed your instructions it took less than 3 min. to complete the download process... I am so very happy. I think your instructions should be easier to locate so others can have this super quick fix!!!!!!!! thankyou again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genius!  For me, this is the first time a question was answered clearly, concisely in the forum and WORKED!

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have just spend the better part of 1 hour with Adobe support trying to install PSE7 on a Win10 OS.

Everything is fine until I try to enter my serial/licens key. The installer claims the key is invalid, but it is copied from my account on the Adobe website.

When the supporter failed to complete the installation (after having de-activated firewall and scanner software) he (or she) claimed that PSE7 will not run on Win10 at all.

Any help, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread isn't about PSE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks idleMartin you are genius you are helping a lot to me for resolve the issue and save my time. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent a good few hours trying to load Photoshop 7 onto my new windows 10 laptop without success

Finally just as I was about to give up a simple solution sprung into my mind. The good old F8 key.

Windows 10 still has a SAFE MODE on startup that limits what's running in the background.

Starting up in this mode allowed me to instantly load Photoshop 7 after hours of trying other methods.

The F8 key no longer works on Windows 10, this is what you'll need to do:

1. Press Windows logo key Windows logo key+I on your keyboard to open Settings. If that doesn't work, select the Start button in the lower-left corner of your screen, then select Settings.
  2. Select Update & security > Recovery.
  3. Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
  4. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
  5. After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.

Then just load Photoshop 7 in safe mode before restarting your PC/Laptop normally.

This may also work with other software that struggles to load in Windows 10

I hope that this saves others the time that I wasted trying to resolve loading Photoshop 7 onto my Windows 10 Laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

my photoshop 7.0 has always worked with Windows XP and Windows  7. Now in Windows 10 the program works, but when I import an image from a scanner Epson, the program stops and does not work. Can you tell me what to do. Thank you Michele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install photoshop 7 after getting windows 10?

Have you applied the photoshop 7.0.1 update?

Adobe - Photoshop : For Windows : Adobe Photoshop 7.0.1 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

yes, I installed the Photoshop program on Windows 10 and also the 7.0.1

update

2016-06-26 18:32 GMT+02:00 R_Kelly <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Photoshop ver. 7.0 on Windows 10 created by R_Kelly

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/R_Kelly> in *Photoshop General

Discussion* - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/8837464#8837464>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read the whole discussion "Photoshop 7.0 on Windows 10", but my problem is when I import an image with Epson scanner and Photoshop program does not work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model epson scanner do you have?

Something esle you might try is running ps 7 as an administrator and then try tto import a scan.

Right click on the ps 7 shortcut and select Run as Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scanner Epson Perfection V37/V370

I selected “Run as Administrator”, but the program Photoshop 7.0.1 "does not respond"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem as micheler20. Epson V500 photo scanner. Image goes to Local/ Temp/PSAlblumImport

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a related problem - PS7 under W10 won't recognize my Epson V850 Pro scanner as a Twain device. When I try doing an "import" sometimes the Epson logo comes up and disappears and several minutes later Windows tells me PS is "not responding" - other times PS tells me it cannot find the scanner at all. My W10 is Microsoft's upgrade from my original W7, I've tried reinstalling PS7 (and the 7.0.1 update) with no help, also the Epson utilities. The scanner itself works fine using its own software and I can move the resulting jpegs into PS7, so I'm not stuck, but just wondering if there's a way to get PS7 to recognize the scanner directly as it has always done for me in the past (since XP).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just  Copy Photo shop 7 from the CD to Your computer First to  C Drive. And remove the CD   then start Installing .  It will install perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my WIndows PC upgraded to Windows 10 (which I did not ask for, by the way, it just 'happened'!), I cant' use Adobe Photoshop Elements 7...tried re-installing. Seemed to install fine. But when I try to open/use the program, it brings up a partial 'shell' of the usual page, with no content and nothing to click on...seems frozen. I DO get an error message:

"The monitor profile iAcer X203Hi appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calibration software." It then has 2 choices below this message, to click on: "Ignore Profile", or "Use Anyway". Neither has any effect. My monitor is fine, with all programs...so not sure why I suddenly can't see/use content on Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 anymore.

Is there a fix, short of buying the latest version? Any help appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a similar problem.

The was no indication of an error, until I right-clicked the toolbar icon and selected Close. This gave an "Unhandled win32 error" and an offer to debug.

It looks as if Microsoft have changed something critical to PSE7? My last use of PSE7 was 7 July and that was before the last upgrade. Any fix will have to come from MS.

My suggestion is to use this to upgrade to the latest PSE - I should because 7 does not read the raw files from my camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had PSE 7 fail to load correctly after some recent Windows 10 / Office 2007 security updates. The main symptom was the editor screen not rendering it's menus.

After messing around trying to uninstall the updates I found a better solution.

I have the software running under Win 7 compatability mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion; unfortunately it still does not draw the menus. The toolboxes are rendered better and it does not crash. Windows compatibility wizard suggested Vista mode, but that is no better - nor is XP.

I've also had problems with no window appearing and that was down to these registry keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\7.0\

+ AppWindowPosition

+ AppWindowMaximised

Maximised gets set randomly (best to be 0)

Position sometimes goes off screen - even when it was closed from and on-screen position. My suggestion is to set this to [1,1,1000,600) - this should be OK for most setups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the compatibility mode seems to now have little effect. Looks like I'll have to eventually upgrade.

Until then I can reboot into into win 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10 gig is WAY too small for a scratch drive. Do you realise how old Photoshop 7 is, and how out of date compared to a new PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your reply.  I do know that Photoshop 7 is fairly old.  My son is a computer games artist and he left his old version on my previous computer which I used for many years.  However I have no idea about memory size.  Could you let me know please what size of drive you think would be necessary for Photoshop 7.  On our new computer we have 2 terabytes so there is no shortage of available memory to partition.    Carol Nuttall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been running PhotoShop 5, 6 and 7 for many years -

I have ALL 3 running on my DELL laptop for the last 3 years -

it has 8 GB memory and 1 TB hard drive. I moved them to my

new DELL laptop 64 GB memory and 2 TB hard drive - 

Photoshop 5 and 6 run with no problem - Photoshop 7 installs

but will not run because "scratch disks are full" - which is nonsense.

I tried deleting the PREFERENCE FILE [crtl-alt-shift] without

ny success.

Bottom Line: PhotoShop 7 runs under Window 10 = I have been running

it for years on my older DELL laptop - does anyone have a way to get past

this "scratch file are full" nonsense?????? I mean not hypothesis - that you

have actually tried....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The need for a smaller partition has already been discussed and it seemed to work for some. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines