Highlighted

Photoshop version 6.0 product key

New Here ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, we recently switched an old PC with Windows XP to Windows 10, so we had to find the product key for our product which is an old Photoshop version 6.0, is there a way to retrieve that key from the old PC? And is it possible to use the same key for the new PC? Will Photoshop version 6.0 run on Windows 10 and where I can find the software and download it?
Thanks in advance 🙂

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop version 6.0 product key

New Here ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, we recently switched an old PC with Windows XP to Windows 10, so we had to find the product key for our product which is an old Photoshop version 6.0, is there a way to retrieve that key from the old PC? And is it possible to use the same key for the new PC? Will Photoshop version 6.0 run on Windows 10 and where I can find the software and download it?
Thanks in advance 🙂

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you're aware that Photoshop 6.0 was released in the year 2000 - twenty years ago?

It's vaguely possible that it could be installed in some kind of compatibility mode in Win 10, but don't expect it to work flawlessly or indeed at all. It's even possible that the serial number is still listed in your Adobe account, assuming you registered it. If not, there's no way to retrieve it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know and Thanks for the answer 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign in with your Adobe user ID at Adobe.com manage your account look in the My products link.  Your serials for CS6 should be listed there.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020 0
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the OP is referring to version 6.0 (released in 2000) rather than CS6 (2012)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I am not really sure that our client register it back in 2000year we were not their technical support and there were other people supporting them, the client doesn't remember to have an adobe account which is bad, but still thanks 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am similarly working on a Win7 PC, and updating to Win10. I currently have the desktop-installed, non-subscription based version of CS6, but it is not included on my Adobe products in my profile. I can see the Serial # in the 'System Info' under 'Help', but the digits listed are only 20 in length, and the Adobe registration area for my products states that SNs are 24 digits in length.

Is there any other area to see the product key information? Or is there some other trick to register it from the program itself to associate it with my Adobe ID?

Thanks

PhotograDave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>I can see the Serial # in the 'System Info' under 'Help', but the digits listed are only 20 in length

The truncated serial number found there is intentional by Adobe to prevent casual piracy.

To obtain the full 24 digit serial number, run the free Belarc Advisor.

https://www.belarc.com/products_belarc_advisor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2020 0
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your talking about photoshop 6 (circa 2000) then yes it will run on windows 10 provided the free space on the drive is not more than 1TB. Photoshop versions older than CS (circa 2003) can't see drives with more than 1TB of free space and will give a "Scratch Disk Full" error and won't run.

No legal place i know of to download the ps 6 install files. You don't have a ps 6 install cd?

You can find the serial on the XP machine by going to Regedit and looking under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\6.0.1\Registration

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020 0