Highlighted

Photoshop video audio not playing on reduced speed

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 12.32.41.png

Hey guys,

So working on some video, i have tested out slowing an duplicate piece of video to 50%(blue), but what i find is the audio no longer plays on the slowed down version?  The audio plays fine on on the first?

Any ideas

Thanks

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop video audio not playing on reduced speed

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 12.32.41.png

Hey guys,

So working on some video, i have tested out slowing an duplicate piece of video to 50%(blue), but what i find is the audio no longer plays on the slowed down version?  The audio plays fine on on the first?

Any ideas

Thanks

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 22, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I am testing out some video footage in photoshop cc 2020 latest version.  I am finding that when i play my video, the playback is jaggy but the audio is perfectly fine?  Any ideas on why this may be thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my reply to your other question - this stuff depends 100% on hardware acceleration features. Start by checking your graphics driver and the relevant options. Updtae the driver if necessary.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 1
Emmleeds LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I will give this a look into

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, to be straight up: Your workflow probably doesn't make sense. There are some serious limitations to working with video and audio in PS, as it's basically just meant to chop together a few clips from a digital camera without much processing. It was never meant for elaborate video effects or audio processing beyond passing through stuff from source to output and on top of it even these few features are highly dependent on the hardware supporting it properly or else stuff doesn't work. so to cut my hubbub short: You need to move on to greener pastures liek Premiere Pro if you're halfway serious about this stuff.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes of course everyone knows premiere and AE are the go to, but i dont think having some video footage, slowing it down and wondering why the audio is now not playing is considered, blockbuster level of needs. I would have thought this for PS would be relatively fine.  Is your response saying it cannot be done? Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 0