• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop + Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet loss of focus while using pen

Participant ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one is hard to explain. Hopefully, there are others with this issue. I use a Wacom Intuos 4 pen tablet for re-touching. I use it in wireless mode (with dongle). Every once in awhile Photoshop will lose focus. For instance, I'm using the pan/scroll function to move the image around or the brush tool. In the middle of this action I can no longer access the image on the screen. I can access menus and operate everything else but I can no longer do anything to the image. I can't move it, modify or or anything else. The only solution is to close the image and re-open it. It's difficult to reproduce because it's sporadic.

During the duration of this glitch, the pen also works fine outside of PS.

I've been experiencing this for a couple of years now but finally decided to bring it up here.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

I've found that often after updating Ps that I need to uninstall and reinstall the Wacom drivers. It appears that some communication becomes lost. Generally, this addresses the issue.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you checked if there are any updated drivers for your Wacom? Does this problem also occur on other Adobe software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an updated driver posted about a month ago. I've installed it but I didn't see anything in the release notes about my issue. Hopefully, it helps and it just wasn't something addressed in the release notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that often after updating Ps that I need to uninstall and reinstall the Wacom drivers. It appears that some communication becomes lost. Generally, this addresses the issue.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this was what fixed my problem. So far I haven't had any issues!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wonderful! I've run into the same situation before, and have found it's generally a simple fix.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines