• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop... Why is image disappearing?

Advocate ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is image disappearing... it's still open, but gone from view when I try to dock to top of screen? All of my screen modes are default and nothing changed but behavior. I have to now work with images as floating screens and cannot neatly move to top of screen where I like to keep images arranged by tabs at the top of the screen... now the tab does not show, the image does not show... I have to close the image and re-open and work with it as a floating screen... What have I done wrong to make this happen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Hi go to windows then workspace >> essentials classic >> reset essentials all will be ok for you....Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi go to windows then workspace >> essentials classic >> reset essentials all will be ok for you....Regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing help and great knowledge on your part, I would have never solved myself... now I am back and running, needed to close and restart Photoshop before it would work, but now all is okay... Thank You Very Much! I appreciate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!

That was driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I have the same problem and nothing is working. It appears suddenly yesterday out of blue, and nothing can repair it. Help!... it`s awfull

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, in Photoshop 2020, there isn't a "workspace" option under the "Window" dropdown menu. There is a "workspace" option under the Photoshop/Prefernces/Workspace, but no changes that seem to relate. Again, all images I open in Photoshop, after the first preview...turn gray as if the image is missing. I have to click on the image, resize it, or do other random things to make the image return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The problem has not gone away for me. It is really annoying. The only solution that makes sense (and worked for someone else) is to go back to an earlier version of Photoshop. I'm not willing to do that and am holding out hope that someone will figure this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been working OK for me and now my image is up at the top of the screen. If I put rulers on the bottom of the image os on 0 mark everything else is in the negative. Can't do anything to get it back. Hope someone can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not working fome either. I thought upgrading to 22.1 would help, but it doesn't. My only work around is to select VIEW > SCREEN MODE > FULL SCREEN MODE WITH MENU BAR. At least then I can see my image, But I am unable to open in tabs, and I have to select change screen mode everytime I open an image. Opening is tabs is hugely productive for a photographer with hundreds of images to process, so my prouctivity has plummeted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry, that sucks. It's a glitch.

This worked for me: go to wWindow then Workspace >> Reset Essentials. It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have workspace under window. 

Everytime I try to correct a photo the image disappears and then comes back on whe done. Annoying. I also can not upload any images into organizer. Any thoughts? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and resetting essentials hasn't done a thing. It seemed to come out of the blue. It is so cumbersome. Adobe, please solve this! Any help would be deeply appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how frustrating it must be. I'm sorry resetting essentials didn't work. The only other thing I can think of is to make sure you have the most recent updated OS and current Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pam-

I finally had to go to  Adobe support via chat. He gave me several options not shown on the Community page and nothing worked. Then I gave him control of my computer and he went to my system folder and deleted something, then had me reinstall the latest Photoshop upgrade (which I already had installed) and it fixed the problem. The only negative outcome is that it deleted all the actions I had previously created, so I have to recreate each one when when I need to use it again. No big deal considering what a huge fix this was.

Gary Moogk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! This is slowing down my work so much! zi guess I am going
to have to chat with them.

~Pam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try right clicking the part where the image tabs usually are. Then click "Consolidate All to Here". It solved the issue I was having that lead me here. I'm not sure if its the same problem everyone else was having though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This helped me, too. Thank you SO much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines