• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop will not let me open new file or do anything

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed my company's CC on my machine and I'm going to open photoshop and this is what I'm seeing:

adobeps.PNGnone of the menu options do anything and photoshop just hangs there. Why can't I open a new file?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

We are so sorry to hear that you are having this issue! I have a couple of questions for you, what Operating system are you using and have you looked online to make sure that it is compatible with the version of PS that you are trying to install? Are you trying to install the latest version?

Since you are unable to open PS to even get a menu, I would recommend, that after checking on the two questions I've posted above, uninstall and reinstall Photoshop. Let us know if that works or if you have any other questions.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks -- yes I am using 64 bit Windows 10. This is the latest version and I've uninstalled creative cloud and photoshop and reinstalled to no avail. I am seeing similar issues with illustrator and premiere where (illustrator) one does not do anything when I select menu options and the other just hangs at the splash screen. My intiution is that there is some issue with my login being validated because all of these stem from what happens during the initial splash screen but there is no error code or any other information presented that would be useful. I don't understand why photoshop is installed, validated by creative cloud, opens and then is completely unresponsive to every function. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is your company's CC what kind of install is it.  Did your company purchase a subscription for your adobe  account or is it some kind of enterprise install?  I do not know how enterprise installs are done or administrated.

deployment planning I feel no need to read about it  

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a large academic institution that has an enterprise CC account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Window/Options, then Window/Tools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that didn't do anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Drat! Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines