• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop will not maximizing/expand from taskbar

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Photoshop CC 20.00 I am having issues where the program will not expand from the task bar. The program is running, but clicking on the icon on the taskbar to maximize the window does nothing. Hovering over the icon gives me a full-screen preview of the window, but I cannot actually expand it. I'm essentially locked out of the program even though it is running and I have active documents open - which is frustrating obviously. I'm forced to end the task in the task manager and lose my work. I've noticed this issue seems to happen after waking the PC from sleep.

Any ideas would be great.

Windows Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I did find that solution in my search for answers but unfortunately it didn't work for me.

It only happens with Photoshop so I'm leaning towards attributing the problem to the software and not the OS, but who knows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

V3Studios  wrote

Thanks, I did find that solution in my search for answers but unfortunately it didn't work for me.

It only happens with Photoshop so I'm leaning towards attributing the problem to the software and not the OS, but who knows.

Sorry to hear that. I'm a Mac user myself and wouldn't know what might be causing this.

It may be the way Photoshop is interacting with your graphics card or drivers. Can you uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" under Preferences > Performance and see if the problem goes away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall and reinstall Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this issue prop up after I went to shutdown my computer than realized I did not save one of the files, cancle the shutdown, and have no access to photoshop as it is stuck in minimized. It is not 2024.... what gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact issue. The app can be minimized and maximized many times throughout the day, but after the system is put to sleep mode, Photoshop will not maximize. Hope a fix comes from this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue - have there been any updates or solutions posted anywhere on this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue, on a PC, Windows 10. Very frustrating. So far only with PSD CC 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no solution to this? Having the same issue and it looks like the last post on this was months ago. Been loosing work due to this. Very frustrating. Can also only close Photoshop if I force close it with the windows task manager... Seems Adobe is too focused on raising prices than fixing their software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dropped a random jpeg onto the photoshop taskbar icon, then right-clicked that file and selected open. After a short delay photoshop appeared and I could continue working. This has worked 9 times out of 10. Hope it may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may work if you have a Mac. You can't drag and drop with Windows. So it doesn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just fixed mine, so I have to ask. For anyone experiencing this problem; do you have a second monitor or a Graphic Tablet with its own display, connected to your PC or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have a Wacom Cintiq Pro 32 connnected to my PC. It was after I connected my Wacom that I started having problems with my photoshop cs6 opening. Never had a problem opening it before this. It won't maximize being stuck in the task bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for me, this was a simple fix.  Turns out Windows still listed a third display and I only was running two.  I was able to turn on the third display (I have a wall-mount LCD) and Photoshop was up and running on it.  I've also since been able to open Photoshop and see it in the taskbar and hold down the Windows key while I pressed the left arrow (which moves the application from one display to another).  Worked for me...hope it helps someone here too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone found a fix for this? I'm on a single monitor and i've been experiencing this. My OS is a fresh install as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem.

I have a second monitor hooked up to my GPU.

I turned on the second monitor then clicked on the minimized PS tab which maximized PS on my primary monitor.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines