Highlighted

Photoshop will not maximizing/expand from taskbar

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Photoshop CC 20.00 I am having issues where the program will not expand from the task bar. The program is running, but clicking on the icon on the taskbar to maximize the window does nothing. Hovering over the icon gives me a full-screen preview of the window, but I cannot actually expand it. I'm essentially locked out of the program even though it is running and I have active documents open - which is frustrating obviously. I'm forced to end the task in the task manager and lose my work. I've noticed this issue seems to happen after waking the PC from sleep.

Any ideas would be great.

Windows Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop will not maximizing/expand from taskbar

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Photoshop CC 20.00 I am having issues where the program will not expand from the task bar. The program is running, but clicking on the icon on the taskbar to maximize the window does nothing. Hovering over the icon gives me a full-screen preview of the window, but I cannot actually expand it. I'm essentially locked out of the program even though it is running and I have active documents open - which is frustrating obviously. I'm forced to end the task in the task manager and lose my work. I've noticed this issue seems to happen after waking the PC from sleep.

Any ideas would be great.

Windows Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I did find that solution in my search for answers but unfortunately it didn't work for me.

It only happens with Photoshop so I'm leaning towards attributing the problem to the software and not the OS, but who knows.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

V3Studios  wrote

Thanks, I did find that solution in my search for answers but unfortunately it didn't work for me.

It only happens with Photoshop so I'm leaning towards attributing the problem to the software and not the OS, but who knows.

Sorry to hear that. I'm a Mac user myself and wouldn't know what might be causing this.

It may be the way Photoshop is interacting with your graphics card or drivers. Can you uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" under Preferences > Performance and see if the problem goes away?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact issue. The app can be minimized and maximized many times throughout the day, but after the system is put to sleep mode, Photoshop will not maximize. Hope a fix comes from this soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue - have there been any updates or solutions posted anywhere on this problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue, on a PC, Windows 10. Very frustrating. So far only with PSD CC 2019.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines