Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop will not open

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

I just got a brand new laptop yesterday its a Lenovo flex 15 2 in 1 and 16gb Ram 512 gb ssd I also have a 1 TB external hard drive  with windows 10 and I can use lightroom No problem but I cant use photoshop every time I try to open photoshop it opens then says error and wont let me do anything. BUT lightroom works fine why would this be? how can I fix it to have Photoshop work? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What, exactly, does the error message say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us the error you're getting while trying to launch/work with Photoshop? Have you tried re-installing the app to check if that helps?

Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer. You can check out: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi it says sorry an error has occured 

photoshop has encountered a problem and needs to close 

a error report has been generated 

ive sent 5 reports 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info! Please try uninstalling Photoshop using the Creative Cloud cleaner tool & then re-install it to check if that helps. You can check out the steps to use the Creative Cloud cleaner tool here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried and it STILL wont let me edit in photoshop only lightroom 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're sorry that didn't help. Please try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines