Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop will not work due to processor not having SSE4.2 support

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have updated Photoshop to 2021 just to find it wont run due to my processor not having SSE4.2 support.  I've a perfectly good processor that has run Adobe products really well for years (Intel(R) Core 2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz, 3166 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)).  Its not great, but its good enough.  I am certainly shocked that Adobe would think it not good enough to support the Photoshop product.  I'm currently having to roll back to the previous version and I am gutted. 

Adobe - please tell me that you'll be fixing this issue so that others like me can continue to get something approaching value for money from a subscription based software product without having to invest in replacing perfectly acceptable hardware.

Cheers. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can post a comment over here where adobe employees hang out:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-error-at-loading-of-ippcv-library/5...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines