• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Windows and dialogs shifted down on MacOS 12.0.1 Apple M1 Mac Silicon

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently moved from an Intel Mac to a Silicon Mac and having a bug where the Save for Web: "Save Optimized As" dialog keeps opening in the bottom left corner of the screen, rather than the last location that i had it open before (which seems to be the normal functionality based on how other dialogs retain their last open position). 

I am using save for web because I use image slices for game development. I see save for web is now legacy, is there another way i should save slices?

Machine: Macbook Pro 16 Apple m1 max chip, MacOS 12.0.1

Adobe Photoshop for Apple Silicon v23.0.2

Steps to reproduce: 

CMD+OPTION+SHIFT+S (Save for web)

Click Save button

Save Optimized As file system dialog opens to choose where to save files. This window now always opens in the bottom left corner of the screen all the way at the edge of the screen. I drag it up to center screen each time and it does not remember last location.

I also reset Photoshop preferences using the "Reset preferences on Quit" button in the preferences dialog but this did not help.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
27 Comments
Explorer ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop window moves to about 1/3 of the way down the screen randomly. I have maximized the window, moved it back to the top, but sooner or later, it will move to about 1/3 down the page. I can't find any settings in Photoshop or in Mac Preferences that would cause this. I have tried double clicking the window bar and it goes back to the top and fills the screen, but not permanently; eventually it goes back down. I have turned the Mac Preference for double clicking on and off without any changes happening. This is fairly recent behavior, over the least week or so. Screenshot 2021-05-02 at 08.16.59.png 

Photoshop CC (latest)

MacOS 11.3 on M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be an M1 issue "latest version" of Photoshop doesn't help – which version exactly.

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use CC and the CC app says "up to date," it's 22.3.1. 

I did reset Preferences and it is still happening.

Sorry for the delay, the reply went to spam. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have to monitors with your set up? You may be hitting a variation of this issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-quot-save-as-quot-no-longer-appear-with-se...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like it is a different issue. I tried the solution on that page: disconnect external monitors and reset preferences. The same issue is happeneing for me.

I do have 2 external monitors (LG 5k). When I disconnect the monitors and use Photoshop on just the laptop screen the same issues happens. I have tried both manually deleting all preferences from the Library folder and aso using the "reset preferences" button in the preferences pane.

I noticed when i use the "File > Export > Export As" feature that does show the Save window correctly in the middle of the monitor, but I do not see a way to save slices with that Export As. I am wondering why the Export As shows the save file window correctly, but for Save For Web shows the save file window bottom-left of screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue on Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator, see this thread here 

It seems to be M1 mac with extrenal monitors and it's driving me nuts. Everytime my monitor sleeps and I come back all 3 apps are half of the screen.

Doesnt happen with After effects, media encoder, acrobat and any other third party software. Also if you have a dialogue box open, like "open file" or "save as" this stops the window moving.

Come on Adobe M1 macs have been out over a year now and I can see reports of this bug from the begining of this year acroos mutilple software updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This infomration was provided by an Adobe employee regarding a similar issue.

• Firstly, close all Adobe applications.
    Go to the following locations
    ~/Library/Caches
    ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
    ~/Library/Preferences
    Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings.old
  • Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • Rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
    ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • For Macbooks only - Change primary monitor from System Preferences (Display) and then restore the settings to the original. Steps are shared here.
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

I hope this helps.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I won't be trying that, if you read the response from the user who tried it, it caused far worse issues.

Also as I said, it affects Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop.

I'm on a brand new M1 Mac mini with everything as a fresh install it's hardly likley that something went corrupt in 3 different apps the first time I used them.

This has been flagged as an issue since the begining of the year even before the 2022 versions of the apps and across 2 MacOS operating systems, the only 2 common factors are that it's M1 Macs and Adobe havn't bothered to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand how it could cause worse problems. It's almost a clean install. And if it does cause problems, it's simple to remove everything with the name of the application, be it Photoshop or Illustrator, and reinstall. Photoshop works fine for me after doing all this, save for the appearing halfway down the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add - and if it doesn't work, you just restore the ones that were renamed, or use Time Machine and go back a couple hours. Seems odd to claim that it was "fatal" when it can easily be restored to an earlier state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you check the other thread, the guy who tried this fix on illlustrator, it ended up that whenever he moved the cursor over any drawn element the whole workspace turned blue. Yes it can be undone and he did just that.

Having seen that this "fix" dosn't work in photoshop (as you tried) and makes illustrator worse I won't waste my time trying it when I have work to do. Honestly I don't think it indviduals with corrupt files but a fundemental issue in the 3 apps from Adobe.

Who said it was "fatal"? 

For me it's just a PITA moving windows in 3 apps everytime my monitor sleeps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop 23.0.2 windows going off bottom of display on Apple MBP 14in M1X Monterey 12.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PS v12.1 running on Mac OS Monteray (iMac). 

The PS pop up windows like the save panels default to the bottom left corner. Before i was able to centre them on the screen and they would always stay there even after shutting down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I hit command-shift-s to save-as in PSE 2021, my save-as screen creeps down the screen a little bit. After hitting save-as a few times, it will end up at the bottom and has to be dragged back to the top of the screen before it completely disappears. I have tried downloading PSE 2022 and it does the same thing. This seems to occur whenever I try to change any of my preferences and resetting the preferences does not fix it. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have my Photoshop workspace configured to have the tool palettes on the secondary monitor - img_01 in attachment - but whenever I minimize the application or use another one, as soon as I go back to Photoshop most of the tool palettes (always the same) are all on top of the first monitor - img_02 in attachment -
I must use the ‘Window > Workspace > Reset (my Workspace name)’ option all the time.
Has anyone else reported this situation?
What can I do to avoid this?
Thank you so much.
Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is everyone just living with this? Very annoying.

The save window location on bottom left is especially annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reported it to Adobe, not sure they are that bothered, I use an App called magnet that has shortcut for put windows to certain sizes in certain places. I just have to do the shortcut for Indesign, Photoshop and illustrator to put them back wheer they were after the monitor sleeps. Also Ilustrator has a flickering background once it comes back. All very annoying. Only happens on external monitors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Noriko98A2 @ivak.c 

Let's get back to a known state in case there's a stale setting somewhere:

Restore your preferences using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
Does it work correctly?
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.
If it does solve the problem, I would like to get the folder of settings to try and figure out what is bad with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save for Web > Save Optimized As... The dialogue box not only goes to the bottom left of the screen but one third of it goes OFF SCREEN. I have to grab and move the window back into the display to continue the save operation at all. What nonsense, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as earthlight. I found that by clicking on the little arrow next to the destination folder pulldown, it makes a larger dialog box that fits on the screen and it persists between exports. I find that workaround (and it is not a fix) is helpful to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Have you tried resetting the preferences? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I haven't tried but I honestly can't think that this will be the issue. My Coworker is having the same issue and we have set out preferences individually. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, DO try resetting preferences! 

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences upon a quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

If that doesn't work, try disabling GPU in the Lightroom Preferences (Performance tab). Any better?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are lots of reports that the latest update of Photoshop can corrupt the preferences.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone solved this? It's a really annoying bug! I'm on an M1 MacBook Pro, OS is updated and so is CC Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate