Exit

Photoshop won't allow me to 'save as' in other formats

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Something weird is going on with my Photoshop 22.4.2

I am not able to save as jpg, png etc, I can do so only in .psd. See file attached. 

I've reset the settings etc, nothing works.

Even stranger, if I open a new blank file, i can save as jpeg, etc, but as soon as I import a file, whatever that file is, that weird "save as" issue keeps on happening and I can't save in other formats but .psd.

Any help ?

Thx

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

In the latest version of Photoshop the Save functions have changed, now multi-layered PSDs that need to be saved as a single layered document such as JPG and PDF need to use the Save a Copy feature.

This very useful YouTube video explains the difference and when to use Save, Save As, Save a Copy and Export As:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CS_oieQL7c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest version of Photoshop the Save functions have changed, now multi-layered PSDs that need to be saved as a single layered document such as JPG and PDF need to use the Save a Copy feature.

This very useful YouTube video explains the difference and when to use Save, Save As, Save a Copy and Export As:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CS_oieQL7c

In this video, let's clear the confusion once and for all between Save, Save As, Save a Copy, and even Export As, in Photoshop! With the recent changes in Photoshop 2021, there has been a lot of perplexity as to how things have changed. In this tutorial, we will only focus on the fundamental ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Réunimer 
In the update to 22.4.2, you can revert to the previous behavior in Preferences > File Handling > File Saving Options:

• Enable Legacy Save As
  • Do not append Copy

See this help page for details and cautions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/saving-images.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines