• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't let me save as PSD, only PSB

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a few posts regarding this but I can't get my issue figured out after reading them.  Can someone help me?

I'm opening a blank file and Saving As.  I have NOTHING in the file and it will only let me save as a PSB and the file size is larger than files I have that have layers in them.  

Is there a setting I've accidently clicked or I need to click?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the new file dialog. If the pixel dimensions are over 30,000 then that exceeds the PSD maximum.

The default in this dialog is inches @ 300 ppi. Sometimes an excessive amount of inches is selected in setting up the document.

Set the dropdown menu to pixels to see if one side is in excess of 30,000

Also look at the Color Mode. Normally RGB and an 8 bit depth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncompressed, a white rectangle is just as big as any image. It's so many pixels wide by so many pixels high, and each pixel contains 24 or 48 bits - whether white or any other color.

Yes, layers add overhead, but in Photoshop pixels is king.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I assume you have very new version of photoshop? Try "saving as copy". That's it. works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

I had the same issue and nothing worked. I just found out why this is happening - check your file's resolution, mine was higher and it made the image size huge (More than 2GB)  so, PSD option wasn't shown. When I reduced the resolution, PSD option was seen in the save as. 

If the image is more than 2GB, can't save it as PSD. You can check the size of your sheet by - (Image - Image size - first most line )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines