• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't open at M1 MacBook

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed PS at my new laptop and everything went okey but when I try to launch PS 2021 I keep gettting a crashing error at launch. If I open it by the apps I get a message with "Photoshop 2021 suddenly crashed" and if I try to open it with CC I get "Photoshop 2021 cant be opened -11"

I already reinstalled it and nothing. The other programs are working alright.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

[Update: The Apple Silicon native version of Photoshop was released back in March 2021 and should now be working very well. If you are having a problem with Photoshop on an M1 Mac, check for potential issues in the Adobe help article Photoshop for Apple Silicon, and also try standard troubleshooting techniques.]

Adobe now offer a beta version of Photoshop that’s optimized for the M1 Macs. You can install it from the Beta section of the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app. Some features aren’t wor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem, did you get a solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I switched to Affinity, it runs great with the M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graces: Affinity? - Sadly, last I looked there was "Affinity Manages Color" option for printing!

So users are, effectively, restricted to using manufacturers driver software ("printer manages color") colour management only. This restricts users to printer manufacturer's own papers* and the ICC profiles hidden within the driver.

[*or, of course, third party media that literally match in results]

IMO printer ICC profiles [mostly custom made] are vital for accuracy [often even improving printed results over the manufacturers own profiles] and because of that I've always recommended clients to use  "Photoshop Manages Color".

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem!!! Whats the solution? anybody

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Update: The Apple Silicon native version of Photoshop was released back in March 2021 and should now be working very well. If you are having a problem with Photoshop on an M1 Mac, check for potential issues in the Adobe help article Photoshop for Apple Silicon, and also try standard troubleshooting techniques.]

Adobe now offer a beta version of Photoshop that’s optimized for the M1 Macs. You can install it from the Beta section of the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app. Some features aren’t working yet (see Photoshop (Beta) for Apple Silicon is here!). If you are having problems with the Apple Silicon beta version of Photoshop, the forum for that is here: Photoshop (Beta)

If you are using the standard installation of Photoshop from the Apps category of the Creative Cloud desktop, app, that is an Intel version that is not optimized for Apple Silicon, but should still work through Rosetta translation. I don’t know how to troubleshoot problems with it because I don’t have an M1 Mac yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should add a huge banner on your site with the info that your apps have big issues with the M1 Macs and you don´t recommend to download them. I signed up for the all-apps-plan but from the apps I need only InDesign is working. Photoshop (Intel), PS Beta and Illustrator (Intel) all freeze while launching. This way CC is useless for me and I think I will cancel the plan and swith over to Affinty where all apps are already optimized. Really wonder why a small company like Affinty/Serif can offer optimzed and running versions of their apps (for such a low price!) while a big company like Adobe isn´t able to do it. I´m really disappointed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, AfterEffects, etc. worked fine but when I tried to open Photoshop it would get stuck at the Halide Bottleneck plugin and the rainbow ball of death would appear. Eventually I signed out and uninstalled everything related to Creative Cloud (even the desktop version), then reinstalled the apps one by one. It worked after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue opening the Beta app.

Simply will not open the Ps 2021 (w/Rosetta) nor the Ps Beta. 

No good for Ai, but InDesign 2021 okay. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, this thread includes the specific instructions regarding the beta that finally worked for me:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/issue-with-photoshop-beta-22-2-macbook-pro-m1-chip-adding-e...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS läuft bei mir leider auch nicht. Auch die Beta Version läuft auf dem M1 Chip nicht. Lightroom , Bridge und Photoshol Elements funktionieren. Ich hoffe, Adobe optimiert das Programm zeitnah....!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS didnt work Initially after migrating from my MacBook Pro.

Works fine now on my Mac Mini M1 after reloading PS on Adobe Creative Cloud. June 2021

Initially my version was 24.4.12. after reloading went to Vers 21.6.5 and now works very fast!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the recent update "23.0.2 and two versions before this one would occasionally make photoshop keep crashing on start at Macbook M1.  A popup window states that adobe is aware of the problem and links to a page with possible solutions, but the page seems to use outdated info (I wasn't able to follow through all steps) and try all of the others without any luck. this is pretty bad for someone who uses this tool for primary work.  So far now, the only solution is to roll back to a pretty earlier version of Photoshop supported by Apple Silicon or try the Beta version, with the caveats that the selection tool and neural filters will fail for sure or will lack of accuracy. 

Anyway, it seems to be a work in progress but will be nice to see some updates on this soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a project with Photoshop running on M1 Pro and it had a lot of bugs and problems.

Now I have to inport the project into After Effects and Adobe Premiere and it is impossible. 
This makes me huge truble for my work.

I'm in abig mess. Is it possible this situazion?!?!

How can this be solved..?

Giulia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What problem do you have when importing the project? the beta version just got updated and runs very smooth on my M1 mac, and I have worked fine with After Effects. however the normal version of photoshop sometimes will not open, I think had something to do with the font caché. 

So in order to get someone to help you, explain better your problem... is certainly possible (since I do it myself with both versions running on apple silicon). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have M1 PRO.

I have two problems:

1) I have to open photoshop projects in AfterEff. and Premiere. Premiere and After does not reconize the format. Psd/and bigger.

2) Photoshop does not run correct. It has problems with simple functions like copy-past and with timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you opening the files directly to after effects / premiere? 
Open directly will not work, you have to "import" the .psd file to the already open project in AE. 
make sure the color format of the psd file is RGB and not CMYK. 

you can choose to import all merged or by layers, at least in AE. I havent imported a .psd file on premiere, since it will make more sense to use a flatten image format. but you can always import the .psd to after effects and link the .aep file to premiere. 

make sure you have enough virtual memory in your AE configuration if your psd file is enourmus. altough is not the ideal... check also the resolution of your psd format. has to be at 72dpi. 

be more specific on what is wrong with the copy-paste problem... If im not wrong. the apple silicon version of photoshop doesn't let you import videos and had limited functions with the timeline, try maybe downgrade your photoshop or force to open it with Rossetta on apple. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing format into psd Anfter Eff. And Premier can open it but they cannot read the layers -on my pc (mac book pro - m1 pro - mac Monterey)

I send one of the files to a friend of mine with another pc he can read it with all the layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to read the layers from a psd format into Premiere?  
some other threads say that undocking the timeline make it work for them. 

make sure you follow all the instructions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/how-to/work-with-layered-photoshop-files.html

and try with the sample project files to isolate if the problem is on the software or the file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In any case Adobe creative cloud Applicatons does not work well on MAC BOOK PRO M1pro.

Applications have many bags and offten they stopped and close forced.

This is a big problem for the work..

Really 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok now Premiere answere correctly, changing in RGB 72dpi.

thank you!!!!

I have to try with After Effects.

Still remain bugs in Photoshop. 
problems with copy - past elements and  timeline video sequence does not appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just want to add I am get one more issue like My Mac M1 pro System Data Storage Bounce UP and once I close Photoshop it recovers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines