• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't open (CC 2019)

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop stopped opening on my PC, after working like a dream for almost two weeks. I'd not updated my OS or the program itself, so nothing has changed in the software environment. I receive no error messages, photoshop simply does not open or even start. Nothing happens.

I have done everything suggested in this thread, multiple times, to no avail; are there any suggestions that anybody has?

My specs are available here

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Photoshop was working and now does not try resetting you Photoshop Preferences when starting Photoshop. Launch Photoshop from the start menu or desktop Icon.  Immediately if not sooner Press and hold Ctrl+Shift+Alt or CMD+Option+Shift.  You should get a popup dialog from Photoshop asking if you want to delete your Photoshop Preferences. Reply Yes delete my Presences.   Photoshop should then delete your Photoshop Preferences and set a new default set of Preferences for your user ID and then Photoshop will most likely open and not crash.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been having the same issue and tried this with no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This helped me!! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my issue. Thanks a lot! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me!!! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this still won't for me, any other suggestions, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not give you a pop up box to delete preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't open my PS so tried uninstalling but couldn't.  Had to use ADOBE cleaner to remove the version.  Now I cannot reinstall from a downloaded exe file for either PS or Creative Cloud.  Grrrrrr!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I suggest uninstall and reinstall the app using the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last resort. I don't want to have to re-add all my add ins!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted my preferences but it still will not open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it by going into task manager and closing the photoshop app. This was not in the applications section though it was further down, not in the usual bit you would find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has worked for me so far so I want to try this.  Can you remember if it was a service or the app itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work finally, not sure what I did.  Stopped and started the services and it finally came up.  Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Task Mgr Select Processes and click on Name in the header to show them alphabetically.

Adobe programs show in the Background processes list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too! PS 2020 updated to PS 2021 and logged me out. Had to login again after booting up the day after. Then it did this. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a pinch you can open by choosing an image you have saved, right click and open with photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried using the ctrl+shift+alt to reset my preferences, gone into my processes and ended it and tried restarting the app, but everytime I shut down my computer it seems that I have to uninstall and reinstall photoshop everytime. Does anyone know of a solution to fixing this problem instead of having to continually uninstalling and reinstalling the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found one of my issues, the first issue is that I had to reformat my computer to get developer settings to work, on top of that windows security had an exclamation next to it. So I clicked on that exclamation and it changed a setting that deals with app security, so if you are protective of your computer perhaps this fix isn't the right fix. However for me instead of reinstalling the application constantly it works. In your windows security there is an App & browser control that you can click into. From that menu you can click into Reputation-based protection settings. In there everything should be turned on, there is one that you will want to turn off which is Potentially unwanted app blocking. Then restart your computer. Photoshop has worked thusfar, since I changed this setting. Apparently microsoft considers photoshop to be an unwanted app. As with anything in security it is there for a reason, so be careful on your apps, especially ones from the internet, unless you know for sure they are reputable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the best solution for that crazy problem. Seemingly, there is some bug in version 2021 of the Ps app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, the practical solution in all cases is to open Task Manager and delete the Ps icon that will show up it in. screen, as sometimes the right-click on a saved Ps file does not work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genius, it works. Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines