• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't open existing documents nor create new documents

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem existed in my CS4 that I formerly had installed. It's also happening in the current creative cloud Photoshop 22.1.1. I've uninstalled all of the CS4 utilities + Photoshop CS4 and reinstalled the current photoshop. The problem started about a month ago before I got the Creative Cloud license and rebooting will usually get photoshop working again.

The problem is that will silently not open a .psd or .png (or anything else I've tried) and does nothing when I try to create a new image. It might work correctly when I reboot but usually eventually stops working.

CS4 (once in a while) when I started the tool would give an error to the effect "unexpected end of file in clipboard". I haven't seen that error in 22.1.1.

I suspect the clipboard is involved and something that I do with the clipboard isn't compatible with Photoshop. Perhaps google slides? I'm not sure the steps to consistently make it fail. I use Edge on Windows 10. However, Gimp can create images from the clipboard when photoshop will not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I rebooted, Google slides seems irrelevant, which makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2021 has a lot of issues that need to be addresses and Adobe has upped the requirements for Photoshop 2021. Check that your system and GUP meet requirements.  As a subscriber you cans also install Photoshop 2020 version 21.2.4  and use it till Adobe Addresses the issues in Photoshop 2021.  You should has at least two versions of Photoshop installed.  The Clipboard is not a file there should not be an end of File Character in the clipboard perhaps  you are having ram problem.  Also review the known issues Adobe has published. There are additional issues Adobe has not published. Adobe's known Photoshop issues 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doubtful that going to photoshop 2020 will help since CS4 has the same problems.

I'm checking on my GPU specs. It looks like I should upgrade if I want to make full use of the GPU. I just disabled photoshop from using it until I can meet the min specs. Another spec I see that may be relevant is the RAM usage of photoshop. I have 8GB and will look into boosting that as well.

It would be nice to know the exact error that causes the failures. I've used the Log Collector Tool but it's too much information for me to interpret unassisted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you run extensive RAM stress test if your machine does not have ECC RAM?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I haven't tried that yet.

I ordered upgraded hardware. Hope it comes soon. I haven't seen it fail since I adjusted the settings, but it needs more use before I'm comfident.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the new hardware. After I down-adjusted the settings it only failed a couple of times instead of consistently.

I've enabled the new hardware and will keep monitoring. It's, unfortunately, an intermittent problem, but it isn't the show stopper like it had been because it doesn't get stuck failed like it had. I also just updated to Photoshop 22.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I contacted customer care. I have 3 monitors. 2 attached to an nVidia card and one on-motherboard video.

It's known that photoshop isn't prepped for having two GPUs. I didn't realize that the on-motherboard video was considered a GPU. The effect was that photoshop would be confused about which GPU to use - the nVidia or the motherboard, compared to the video card port that the monitor is on. The confusion made for errors that (at least) didn't crash photoshop, but photoshop wasn't working right either.

I disabled the MB GPU in device manager and only use photoshop on monitors driven by the nVidia video card.

So problem: Photoshop was confused by my two video GPUs. Solution: disable one GPU and don't use photoshop on its monitor. Now Photoshop hasn't failed since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html They can login to your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines