• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: won't open images first attempt, will on second.

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be having an issue that is common in my workplace - so surely must be well - know to the community - can't find a post about it tho.

The last few versions of Photoshop have returned an error when I try to open a file:

"Could not open “FileName.jpg” because of a disk error."

...but then, if I try again and open the same file - it opens fine.  It will always work the second time.

Recently PS has thrown another spanner in the works. Now on my second attempt PS decides to crash, requiring a restart of app. However, after the crash and restart - the file will open 🙂   so happy days, except that it takes me 5 minutes to open each file.

This has been an issue for myself and many I work with for quite some time, how has it not been fixed yet?

Any help appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

»how has it not been fixed yet?«

It is apparently not an issue for many (or most) other Photoshop users so it is probably owed to a specific combination of factors on your side and not necessarily »fixable« by Adobe. 

Are you opening from a local volume or across a network? 

Are all file formats affected or only some? 

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines