• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't open photos because it can't find the files.

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Photoshop CC 2017, and it will only load some photos. It says "Could not complete your request because the file was not found." when I try to open some files, but some it just opens. Most it won't, but some it will. I don't understand why it's happening, I just saved a brand new photo as a jpg, and it says that it can't find the file when I literally just saved it. Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test whether the JPGs open in another application If they don’t you have a file corruption. But in reality I think it’s probably a location thing - you need to discover where Photoshop is saving your photos, which you can do by seeing where you have it set up to default saving to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just opened Lightroom and on my last works it now says "this file could not be found." So I guess I have a file corruption, but it has to have been recent (within the past month). How would I go about fixing that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you’re able, download them again from the original source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the photo that I'm saving directly from photoshop won't open because it says it can't find the file. The original source is this computer and photoshop so why can't it find the photo and re-open it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it all PSD/JPG images you've been working on you can't find or just a batch of recent ones?

Have you used the Search facility?

By the way as a matter of routine, as well as saving your images internally, you should aways back-up to an external device/cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the encountered the same problem with Adobe Photoshop CC 2018.  Bridge can see the files but when I open the image, Photoshop says "could not complete your request because the file was not found". Did you find a solution to your problem?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm encountering the same issues. I recently updated photoshop and now none of my files will open in photoshop. They open fine in other applications. I hope someone can help me with this....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Photoshop 2017. It won't open any .jpg file: pre-saved, just downloaded, just saved as from photoshop. Not any of them. What I'm doing right now, and only because I'm working in a lowres workspace, taking screenshots of the jpg´s I want to use. Since these are saved as .png, they open. But it would be nice if anyone could find a solution to this issue. Maybe my iOS is just too old for this photoshop version.

OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5

Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Processor: 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Greetings,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted abode and they remotely accessed the laptop (I have similar to you). They downloaded 'camera raw'. Once that was on the system everything worked again. Seems odd to me that if the newer version of photoshop requires this that it isn't automatically installed. I spent 2 1/2 hours dealing with different agents and trying to make it work. It was really easy in the end. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you.

Hmm but I already have it installed.

Captura de pantalla 2018-08-11 a las 10.09.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me! I installed Camera Raw 12.4 (because my version of MacOS -High Sierra- wasn't supported in 13.1) and now Photoshop can open images again. Thank you!!!

For people who need it, you can download Camera Raw from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and almost gave up on Adobe but thought it was my computer. Even though I thought Camera Raw was updated I contacted the help desk who remotely accessed my desktop as with the other user and within 10 minutes all was sorted.  I strongly suggest not getting stressed but use the help desk. They reinstalled the latest version of camera raw and now I am back up and running!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m still waiting for technical service but no answer yet.

The fault came out of the blue. PS was working fine an today does not opern JPEG but it does open PNG and PSD files. 

Will it work if I uninstall Camera Raw and reinstall it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched from Camera Raw 12.0 to Camera Raw 11.4.1 and the problem disappeared 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I have the same problem with PS CC 2020 version 21.2.0. Yesterday I was able to open JPG files and now PS says that the file can't be found. Without moving the files since then on my computer. But it opens PSD files. The same JPG files can be opened on other app so doesn't come from the files.

According the answers I found on the web, Camera RAW is updated and I have enough memory (23Go). I don't understand and I'm losing a lot of time finding the solution when I have to finalize urgently a presentation.

Please help me ... thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and I am so lost on how to fix it. I am also unable to now open images in Photoshop from Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with CC2020. Yesterday I could open all my files, today I cannot open any jpg files. I have thousands.. Nothing has been moved. I've restarted my computer, I've reinstalled Photoshop, both to no avail. It will open psd and png. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues. I can't seem to open anything on Photoshop but my existing images in my files from 2 days ago Ugh. Please help....

Look like the updates are saying it's not compatible:

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 3.16.53 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue too! I found that if I export from LR as a PSD file, it will open in Photoshop. However, I can't seem to open any of my jpgs. I just updated Camera RAW, and that hasn't fixed anything...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines