Photoshop won't open photos from an iphone

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Just wondering if anyone else is having an issue with this. I noticed the file extensions on the photos that won't open are capitalized while others that I CAN open are in lowercase. I didn't think that really mattered but even after changing them I still can't open the iphone images. They're simple JPEGs with the extension ".JPG"

I get the "Could not complete your request because of a program error" warning when I do.

Please help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop won't open photos from an iphone

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Just wondering if anyone else is having an issue with this. I noticed the file extensions on the photos that won't open are capitalized while others that I CAN open are in lowercase. I didn't think that really mattered but even after changing them I still can't open the iphone images. They're simple JPEGs with the extension ".JPG"

I get the "Could not complete your request because of a program error" warning when I do.

Please help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 18, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you attach an example (use the reply button next to your first post)

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to upload it but it wouldn't even let me do that! (I've attached a screenshot below)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2019 0
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click more to edit your reply and you should see a link below the reply box to attach a file. Try that

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ERROR.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2019 0
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Are the photos Live photos or bursts?

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2019 0
Lisa5C56 LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that if I haven't used any special features (portrait, etc) I can open my iphone picture just fine with PS 2021. This is a pain because I like the portrait option on the iphone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2020 0