• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won’t print iPhone images

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can import and edit my iPhone images (.HEIC files) but when I go to print them, the print dialogue box won't come up.  I have tried saving them as .psd files, .tiff files, .jpg files and .png files and they still won't print.  Pictures shot on my Canon 5D Mark II, both RAW and .jpg print just fine.  I am tearing my hair out.  Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually saved them locally to a different folder? If you're editing them directly from the specific Apple folders and e.g. iCloud has its claws on them this may cause all sorts of odd sideeffects. For anything beyond that crude suspicion proper system info and details about storage locations, printer and so on will be needed.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maybe it's connected with how you open the image files.

If I want to open an iPhone image in Photoshoop I select it in Apple's pictures app, then select export.

Then I open that exported file in photoshop. 

Now it behaves just like any other image in Photoshop, prints fine etc.

Can you print other images? Just asking you to check whether the Photoshop print process is broken. 

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't come across this issue previously, but I do suggest printing from your desktop and not the cloud. Perhaps you can share a screen capture showing the exported images on a desktop (anywhere on your desktop computer, just not cloud) and what happens when you try to print.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines