Photoshop won't save my projects

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I don't know if this is where you post a question but I'm going to post it here anyway.

Photoshop 2021 won't save any of my projects. I have clicked both save and save as and I have saved both to the cloud and just my computer. It acts like it saves my project. I exit out of the program to go upload my files that I have just saved to my professor (these projects are for my photoshop class) and I can't find them. I open photoshop back up and my files are there but all of the work I did on them is erased.

It acts like it saves my project! I get the prompt to name my file and everything. But then I exit out of the project everything is gone. I have to exit out of the project in order to upload my assignments to my professor.

I've had this problem for weeks now. I haven't been able to turn anything in! Everything is due at midnight tonight and my professor doesn't communicate at all.

I'm at a loss here.

Any help is appreciated!

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop won't save my projects

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I don't know if this is where you post a question but I'm going to post it here anyway.

Photoshop 2021 won't save any of my projects. I have clicked both save and save as and I have saved both to the cloud and just my computer. It acts like it saves my project. I exit out of the program to go upload my files that I have just saved to my professor (these projects are for my photoshop class) and I can't find them. I open photoshop back up and my files are there but all of the work I did on them is erased.

It acts like it saves my project! I get the prompt to name my file and everything. But then I exit out of the project everything is gone. I have to exit out of the project in order to upload my assignments to my professor.

I've had this problem for weeks now. I haven't been able to turn anything in! Everything is due at midnight tonight and my professor doesn't communicate at all.

I'm at a loss here.

Any help is appreciated!

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you trying to save them? Have you tried different locations, like on your desktop? As a workaround, until you get it figured out, you can create a library and share it with your professor. You can drag and drop your work in there, just select all of your layers and drag and drop them into a libary or you can save all of your layers as a smart object and drop the smart object into the library. Read up on CC libararies and sharing. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know that any of this was possible. Thank you! I will try to save my project in different locations first. Then I will try the smart object and library thing. It would have been nice to have been taught this in my first two photoshop classes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0