• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't start after recent Adobe update

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. After recent Adobe updates, Photoshop will no longer start up for me. 

It turns out that this is because my PC is still on Windows 7. Is there any way to roll back the recent Adobe update, just until I can get Windows 10 installed? I was planning on getting a new computer, with Windows 10. But in the meantime, I would like to be able to use Photoshop. 

I would appreciate any help or ideas, so that I can wait until next month for my computer purchase, if possible.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Open up your Adobe CC app (I'm assuming you're on CC and not an older version) and click on the three dots. Click on "Uninstall" to delte your current version of the program. I would probably restart my PC after this but I don't think you have to. Then Instead of just clicking on "Install" inside the CC app just click on "other versions" and intall an older version of the program. You should be good to go from there. Consider getting Windows 10 if at all possible though. I think you can still up

Votes

Translate

Translate
Deleted User

Hi

The issue you have is more than likely related to ACR version 13.1, you need to roll back ACR to version 12.4

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/can-t-start-photoshop/m-p/11667845?page=1#M493109

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open up your Adobe CC app (I'm assuming you're on CC and not an older version) and click on the three dots. Click on "Uninstall" to delte your current version of the program. I would probably restart my PC after this but I don't think you have to. Then Instead of just clicking on "Install" inside the CC app just click on "other versions" and intall an older version of the program. You should be good to go from there. Consider getting Windows 10 if at all possible though. I think you can still update from 7 to 10 for free. Your PC is not secure otherwise. Best of luck.

adobe1.JPGadobe2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, RMD, I will give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RMD - 

I did try it. I uninstalled Photoshop, restarted my PC, and then installed the "older version" of Photoshop. 

Unfortunately, I still get one error message, stating that I am missing a DLL.  So Photoshop is still not opening for me. Previously, there were a number of missing DLLs, before re-installing Photoshop. So this did seem to help, but not all the way.

Can you recommend what else to re-install, which might help? 

Thanks.

Adobe screen shot.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you're having an issue with your Windows file structure either missing files or they have been corrupted somehow. I don't know your situation but if you can upgrade to windows 10 it would likely take care of the issue. Otherwise, try the link below for guidance and/or if you have a system restore point on your computer to roll back to you should try doing that.

Best of luck!

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Someone with a smiliar issue for your reference:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0dll-missin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Progress Update - Photoshop now works!

I just needed to also follow the advice of the other poster here, Ged Traynor, to install an older version of Adboe Camera Raw. This then installed the remaining needed DLL.

Thanks to all who helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The issue you have is more than likely related to ACR version 13.1, you need to roll back ACR to version 12.4

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/can-t-start-photoshop/m-p/11667845?page=1#M493109

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My computer is a Mac. After latest Adobe updates, Photoshop will no longer start up for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines