• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't start on one user account, but starts on a different account.

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Photoshop never worked on my laptop - it keeps giving me an "The ICC Profile Is Invalid" error on startup. I tried every solution on the internet, but nothing worked.

For some reason, I decided to try creating a new User account on my Windows 10 Laptop, and for some reason it started up just fine. It can't actually be the ICC profile, since it's shared between users, right?

I'd like to not have to switch user accounts whenever I try to use Photoshop. Does anyone know what the issue is with my account?

For clarity, I use the same Adobe account on both Windows accounts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm pretty sure it's your monitor profile. This is installed by the manufacturer (or through Windows Update) - until you decide to take control by getting a calibrator, which is the proper way to make a monitor profile. Anyway, these manufacturer profiles are extremely often defective in various ways, and it's a mystery why they can't at least get it basically right. It's a very common problem.

A monitor profile will normally be installed on system level, but it can perfectly well be installed on user level, and that's what I think is the case here.

So replace it with sRGB IEC 61966-2.1 for now. Relaunch Photoshop when done, it loads the profile at application startup:

Displayprofile_20_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines