• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't update

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to update photoshop for quite a while.  The Creative Cloud desktop app tells me it needs to update, so I have tried several times to update the program with no success.  I receive no errors.  The download simply stops at a different percent every time.  Sometimes it's stuck at 4% for over 12 hours before I cancel the process.  Sometimes it gets stuck at 2%, 10%, 27%, and 67%.  67% is the most progress I've got so far.  Each time I made sure my PC wasn't running any other unneeded programs or processes at the same time, but to no avail.  I read about suggestions to manually update Photoshop without using Creative Cloud but I do not know how to do that or where to find the recent updates to download.  What should I do about this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

I found the issue.  Oddly enough, I had to update Camera Raw first by itself.  Then Photoshop updated without any issue.  I didn't think I needed one for the other, but suppose I do.  Thanks for the effort and pointers of those who took the time to reply.

stuck_LI.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue.

Make sure that you have all Windows updates that are available.

The one thing that was causing it for me, believe it or not, was that I needed to do a clean installation of the latest Studio graphics driver from the NVIDIA website. After doing that and restarting, all was OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now fully updated my pc and NVIDIA graphics driver, but Photoshop still will not update properly.  I tried to update it again today and below you can see the result where the process eventually froze at 61% and has remained there for over an hour.  I do not know what else to try.

stuck.PNG

I will note that my pc went into sleep mode while I was away.  Would that cause the update to freeze like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your Creative Cloud desktop application. After you've done that, those other updates go away. There is no Photoshop update since 21.1.

I got this too. There is a glitch here somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure that you dont connected to vpn and after that check  Creative Cloud desktop application version 

Find Latest Offplan Projects In UAE https://Dxboffplan.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just update the CC desktop app first. There is an update to it out now. Then the application updates go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have restarted the CC desktop app multiple times and also rebooted my pc.  I can't find anything about updating the app manually so... since the CC destop app seems to update automatically when it boots, I assume it's updated?  In either case, nothing has changed.  App still says Photoshop needs to update and still won't update it.  This problem for updating Photoshop has been going on for at least 4 months.  I'm only here because I have tried everything I could think to try already.  I'm sure Photoshop has been updated multiple times during that 4 month time frame and I am not to date with the recent Photoshop version.stuck.PNG

This is what I see in the CC desktop app after checking for updates under the "Help" menu in the top left of the window then rebooting the app.  Nothing has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, then I don't know. I got a CC app update yesterday (but I don't have auto updates on, so I get a notification).

In any case, Photoshop version 21.1 is the latest. If you have that, there's nothing to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the issue.  Oddly enough, I had to update Camera Raw first by itself.  Then Photoshop updated without any issue.  I didn't think I needed one for the other, but suppose I do.  Thanks for the effort and pointers of those who took the time to reply.

stuck_LI.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I was having the same issue with Photoshop, I tried updating the Camera Raw app and it finally worked. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not find an update for camera raw available. Photoshop still won't update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Turn off your firewall and try again.
If that doesn't work, call Adobe and they'll remote into your computer and fix it.
Good luck!

Get Outlook for iOS<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!  this worked for me as well.  It was hanging up at 73% updated, repeatedly (and when your internet is as slow as mine, that's a lot of frustration).  Updated Camera RAW first, and then Photoshop updated like a dream.  You've saved my hair from being torn out!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues.  PS won't update, nor will Camera Raw.  I can't upload either separately.  I've closed all other apps, tried this numerous times.  It just sits there saying "waiting".  Then does nothing.  I have PS v 21.2 and CR v. 12.3.  CC says updates are available.  I've never had trouble with this.  LR updated ok.  Any help out there?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the exact same scenario.  Haven't been able to do an update for months now even though CC says that I need them.  When I select "update",  it just sits on "waiting" for up to an hour.  Then I give up.  I did see where the person said that they updated Raw Camera first, then everything else fell in line, but that does not work for me.  I'm completely lost on this one.  I hope that not updating for this extended period causes no harm........

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what do we do ?   Is P.S. listening ?   Who can we contact ?   Is there a chat line or such that can be accessed ?   I really do appreciate all the good advise here, however, it seems to me that someone at Adobe or P.S.  would contact at least one of us with some advise or help.   Hello........anyone home? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same was happening to me with InDesign. Resolved: Update while deleting preferences: When launching Photoshop, Option-Command (Mac) / Alt-Control (Win) + Shift prompts you to delete the Adobe Photoshop settings file (which stores your preferences). Both updated just fine. I reset my preferences and continued to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seemed to work for PS 2022 as well.  Thanks for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines