Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop wont open as it keeps freezing while "reading preferences" at launch

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (1).png

My Photoshop all of a sudden freezes right here. It worked fine 2 days ago. My computer did start acting funny in the past 24 hours. All of a sudden it cant find my wifi driver, so i attached an ethernet cord to it to tempararily fix the issue.. I am using an asus Zenbook Flip, I have alread uninstalled and reinstalled the program, that did not fix the issue. My other adobe apps seem to be working, i just finished using premier and it rendered a video just fine for me... Anyone have any suggestions?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop is freezing at launch on your ZenBook Flip.

Would you mind sharing the exact version of Photoshop you're using along with your computer's OS?

Also, please restore the app preferences to default as it seems that Photoshop is stuck at "reading preferences" while loading. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) as you start Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop. See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that Akash,

Im running the most recent version of photoshop, i dont have my computer in front of me at the moment because i left it at home during work due to my wifi driver issue. I have the latest version of windows 10. When i get home ill try your suggestion and let you know how i made out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines