• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop wont Save/Save As/Save a Copy anything at all.

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My photoshop wont save/save as/ save a copy nothing on my this new imac. I have tried quite a lot of photoshop version on this and none of them seemed rectify the problem.

All other applications work fine including Premier Rush, Lightroom where i processed some really big files, but only photoshop not working properly, no file at all.

Is this some kind of compatibility issue or any prefererence setting i'm missing.

Please see these two photos, first one is normal, second one with the black dot instead of "x" means the open life is not saved and even cant be saved.

Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 13.33.54.png

Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 13.37.45.png

 Thanks

Ahsan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What black dot? 

What happens when you use File > Save a Copy on the image that cannot be saved as a jpg because it has a non-Background Layer? 

Are you aware of the recent changes to Save As? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

when i try to 'save', or 'save as', or even 'save a copy', absolutely nothing happens. Greys out for like a second and nothing happens.

I am guessing some sort of preference setting is not accurate... but not willing to try random stuff without knowing what i'm doing.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean the astrik * ? That doesn't mean much, you can open an image an not change it and get that. What happens when you try and save? Is it grayed out in the drop down menu? We need more information / screenshots. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi,

it doesnt look like an astrik, it does look like a black dot, and so far i know this black dot comes instead of a cross 'x' only when the file/recent changes hasnt been saved. and in my case nothing on photoshoped cant be saved. which i'm trying to get solution for.

and yes, it does grey out for like probably less than a second but absolutely nothing happens, no matter if i try to 'save' or 'save as' or even 'save a copy', just nothing happens to the file i'm working on. so whatever i do, i just have to come out with zero changes made. i can export, but that means i cant make further changes to the original psd file.

Mahbub5C45_0-1622066566057.png

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines