• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop22.1.1 on Windows 10 is freezing up the display while using most of the tools

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've got a strange display trouble. When I whork on a image suddenly the display freeze. I cannot move around or paint on the image (regardless of the tool I use) but I can still select a tool or use the menu bar. If  I mask a layer or unmaske it nothing show. But if I open a new window for the image everything is coming back to normal... for some time. Iand I 've got to open again a new window.

I reset Photoshop, as my computer was getting old I changed it. And I've still got this annoying problem.

Has someone any idea what could be the cause of this?

Thank in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Hi

I think I solved my trouble (Not really cause it was random). It was comming from pen tablette, a X-Pen Deco Pro Medium. I uncheked Use Windows Ink and added a PSUserConfig.txt file  with UseSystemStylus 0 in my Photoshop settings folder. This seems to have solved the issue.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Photoshop is freezing up the display while using most of the tools.

Which version of Photoshop are you using and what is your computer OS? Are you using an external display or working on a 4K display?

Would you mind deselecting the option "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance menu, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for your answer.

I'm using Photoshop 22.1.1 on Windows 10 with a Rizen 5, 16 Go of RAM, and a Nvidia Quatro P400. My display is a BenQ PD2500Q (2560x1440). I don't think it has something to do with the hardware because I changed my computer.

I did deselect the option "Use Graphic Processor" but without result. I reset my photoshop no luck either.

I've been through many forum post and I didn't find a similar problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your system has more than one graphics card, ensure that Photoshop has been assigned the High-Performance graphics card rather than Integrated Graphics or Power-Saving graphics card for the best experience. Changing these settings on laptops will increase battery usage.

NVIDIA:

a. Right-click anywhere on the desktop and choose the NVIDIA control panel.

b. Click Manage 3D settings.

c. Click Program Settings and add Photoshop.exe and sniffer.exe. Change the preferred graphics processor to High-performance NVIDIA processor.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank again but that's not the case, I've got only one graphic card. It seems to happen when I'm using the hand tool but I'm not sure about that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for clearing it up. Would you mind updating Photoshopt to latest version 22.2 from the Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know if that helps? 

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made the update yesterday it didn't solve the issue. It's happening randomly after  five secondes, five minutes or five hours. When I use the Hand Tools (CTRL+SPACE) the vertical scroll bra suddenly go straight to the bottom and the display of the image is freezin. I've got to open a new window for the image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update and sorry that the issue still persists.

Would you mind restoring the preferences for Photoshop & see if it helps? See this article for reference: https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G

You may want to backup your settings beforehand: https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D

Thanks, 

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue when editing in Camera Raw on a Mac with Catalina OSX.  Mine, however, is when I use the Clarity or Texture slider;  it locks the machine for 30 seconds to 1 minute.  After 3-4 of these hangs, it often just crashes, requiring the machine reboot.  Manipulating the graphics card doesn't seem to do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I think I solved my trouble (Not really cause it was random). It was comming from pen tablette, a X-Pen Deco Pro Medium. I uncheked Use Windows Ink and added a PSUserConfig.txt file  with UseSystemStylus 0 in my Photoshop settings folder. This seems to have solved the issue.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines