• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photosphop C S 6, OS10.14 Mojave and wacom intuos s - will there ever be pen pressure?

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all

I feel quite lost with my outdatet software, as of course, all aids I could find for PS 6 relate to way older versions of wacom tablets and drivers and way earlier OS. I would be more than happy if someone could direct me to a fitting solution,Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-02 um 23.38.34.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-02-02 um 23.38.22.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-02-02 um 23.37.04.png

I have the most recent wacom driver installed, it recognizes Photoshop AND Illustrator. I also added Photoshop and Illustrator in my mac settings as recommended here -  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macosmojave.html#Penpressuredoesnotworkandbusycur... - and elsewhere.

Still I can't select pen pressure in the brush settings - they are "greyed" or have the lovely alert sign attached.

Is there any any any workaround - some plugin I could install maybe? 😞 I was so happy to finally get a tablet.

Looking forward to your reply,

best,

Wil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

VERY sadly, it appears Wacom stopped support for the Intuos S at MacOS 10.13, and Mojave is 10.14.

I, too, tried everything with my older tablet, which was no longer updated for Mojave. Finally had to bite the bullet and get a new one. 
Wacom has been TERRIBLE about supporting even SLIGHTLY older tablets, if they're not "Pro" (they are definitely keeping up drivers for Pro tablets rather longer). I know there are a lot of upset people out there. Sorry.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines