• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pick up path is suddenly not working

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Photoshop paths forever. Suddenly I can't pick up a saved path anymore! I activate the path in the Paths palette, with the pen tool I click on an open point and drag the handle in the right direction. It looks like it's working normally, but when I click the next point, the path is deactivated and a new path is started. I have attached 2 screenshots showing what I mean.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Relieved, I found this is a "known issue" with 22.3; had to "roll back" to 22.2 and now all is well again. Adobe has a more concise description of the problem:

Pen Tool creates points but they do not connect

When using the Pen Tool, points are added but they are not correctly connected to each other

Workaround: Rollback the update to Photoshop 22.2  See Install previous versions of your Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to unsuccessfully replicate this issue. I'm trying to troubleshoot possible solutions. Have you tried clicking on the point while holding alt/option or command/control down and then continuing the point? 

This link might be helpful.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/editing-paths.html#convert_between_smooth_points_and_corner_... 

@Saija16B8 wrote:

I've been using Photoshop paths forever. Suddenly I can't pick up a saved path anymore! I activate the path in the Paths palette, with the pen tool I click on an open point and drag the handle in the right direction. It looks like it's working normally, but when I click the next point, the path is deactivated and a new path is started. I have attached 2 screenshots showing

what I mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi happie_97, Yes, I have tried clicking while holding Option. I've narrowed down the problem a little further. As long as the path is a "Work Path", the pen tool works normally. If I save the path, then try to pick up from where I left off, or even start a new segment, all I can do is add isolated points. I attached another pair of screen shots: the first shows how the path was coming before I saved it, the second shows the isolated points where I tried to continue the path after saving it. This is only occuring since the latest Photoshop update. I'm wondering if there's a new bug? Or maybe I need to reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Relieved, I found this is a "known issue" with 22.3; had to "roll back" to 22.2 and now all is well again. Adobe has a more concise description of the problem:

Pen Tool creates points but they do not connect

When using the Pen Tool, points are added but they are not correctly connected to each other

Workaround: Rollback the update to Photoshop 22.2  See Install previous versions of your Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Hope Adobe fixes this annoying bug very soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no need to roll back. As a workaround, just maintain a work path and saved paths can then be edited as normal. 

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that before seeking solutions online--didn't work. "Roll back" is Adobe's recommended workaround, and it worked. Only problem is I keep getting reminders to "update" to the version that doesn't work for users who rely on paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It does work but for clarity, the open document has to have a current workpath. That workpath can contain only one point but it must be there. As long as that workpath exists, you can switch to saved paths which can be edited at will.

Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Creating a new path is a solution that works, but for a workflow where many paths have to be intercepted and subtracted, it is not the idea to have 30 saved paths, since if they are not saved, you run the risk of losing it by making a new path. . This error was not there before, adobe must correct it affects me a lot.

I hope you solve it in the next patches.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Saija16B8 

Adding to what Dave said, so far when people have thought the workaround doesn't work, further queries show that they have misinterpreted the directions. When they do it as he says here, it works.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave! I was stymied and really didn't want to roll back versions. Your workaround works perfectly, just start a new path from scratch (creating a "work path") and leave it to go edit previously saved paths. I was banging my head against the wall until I found this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines