• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

picture package

New Here ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i upgraded to Cs6 from CS5 but cant find the picture package option. where do i find it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/plug-ins-photoshop-cs61.html

Plug-ins no longer supported in Photoshop CS6

• Contact Sheet II (now included as part of the default install)
  • Variations
  • Picture Package (ContactSheetII)
  • ExtractPlus
  • PatternMaker
  • PhotomergeUI
  • Web Photo Gallery (WebContactSheetII) plus presets
  • Script for Layer Comps to Web Photo Gallery
  • Texture presets for Texturizer
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to I get picture package into CS6 or is this no longer available - what

are my options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know where it is also. Will Adobe offer it soon as an optional plugin?  I used it more than any other script and layout.  I only used contact sheet twice in CS5.  The work around Adobe provides in smart objects is way too long and too much.  It was so much easier to use the picture package, a few clicks and you are done.

Please Adobe, reinstate it soon.  This is one disappointed user and I am sure there will be many more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 02, 2012 Jun 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Adobe. Put back the Picture Package in CS7 and keep the Contact Sheet as a default install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2012 Jun 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Picture Package is not in CS6 as you found out. The closest thing would be menu File>Automate>Contact Sheet II. You would need to dupe all the images in a folder first and name the dupes to the will sort next to the original. If you set the dialog for 8.5" x 11" Paper check rotate for best fit and set 1 columns 2 rows you should get two images per page that are close to 5"x7".

Easy to create a Picture Package Template using a single smart object. If for example you open new document 8.5" x 11" 300DPI document. And Place in one of you 3:2 Aspect Ratio cameras portrait 2:3 images it will be rotated to portrait orientation and sized to fit the document 8.5" x 11" 300DPI size. If during the place operation change the transform to make it be 4" x 6" bottom left in the canvas. Then commit the transform the layer is 4" x 6" 300DPI in size the embedded smart object may be your camera's full sized RAW file with associated ACR settings. If you dupe this layer not via new smart object via copy. Just Duplicate layer it does not create a new smart object it just creates a new layer associated with the same smart object. The new layer has it has its own associated transform which is identical to the original layers transform. If you then move the duped layer to the bottom right all that changes is the associated transform. If you dupe the original or copy again you create a new layer associated the same smart object and an associated transform. If you transform that layer rotate it 90 degree and size it to 7x5 and move it to the top center you now have a picture package one 5x7 and two 4x6. Save is as a PSD file with a name for the picture package. With that document open in Photoshop you can change the contents of the smart object using any of the layers and select one of you cameras RAW Portrait files you will see all 3 layer are re-rendered to reflect the content change of the smart object. If you pick some other size object then a RAW Portrait all bets are off. Save off a Jpeg of the picture package with a name that reflect the content of the currently embedded object.

If on the other hand had roll paper you could use my PasteImageRoll Photoshop script from my Photo Collage Toolkit. Though it does not have an option for printing names with the pictures and there are no spaces between image. The idea is to have print trimming on you floor. http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/PasteImageRoll.html

With dupe image files you could also treat a picture package like a collage The other batch scripts in my Photo Collage Toolkit would automate creating the collages like contact sheet II http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/PhotoCollageToolkit.html

It would also be possible to create a script that would populate all the image spots in a collage template with a single image. You could name that script batch Picture Package. You could also create a Populate Picture Package Script the would populate one and leave it open in Photoshop.

Note there is a BUG in CS6 if you run my scripts with Photoshop CS6 32Bit exec and your Photoshop preferences turn off Tabbed Image editing the Scripts will trigger the Photoshop Bug and they will not work.

I use a PC my script work on a mac I do not know if the bug is in the apple version...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry JJMack.  I don't want to have to do all that just for a picture package. I could maybe drag and drop images faster than that. I copied the scripts over from CS5 and they are not even recognized.  I do not know how to write my own scripts to make them work. Why in the world would Adobe make us go thru all this stuff when they could have asked us what features we use the most and keep those in there as default install like they did the contact sheet II.  Adobe guys really ticked off a lot of photographers this time. I read where many of them are not even going to upgrade from CS5 because of things like this.  Now if you can write scripts for the windows version for me to try out that would be great and I would try it because I have no knowledge on how to do such stuff. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a collage program but making picture packages from collages not something I want to get into when Adobe Picture Package made it just 2 or 3 clicks of the mouse and we are done.  Scripts, photo ratios, etc..too much to get into. How many of us shoot ratio wise.

Adobe, please bring back something used by about every photographer as a add in plugin. So many photographers are really ticked off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack. I see what you mean about contact sheet way but if I wanted a sheet of 12 wallets I would have to have 12 copies of the same image.  It will not duplicate just one image 12 times, if you want two 4x5's then you need to pick 2 images.  You cannot pick just one image and have it populate the image to as many as will fit.  No reason in this world why I should have 12 files of the same image to be able to get a sheet of 12 wallets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a last resort I guess I could reinstall CS5 and run that just to run picture packages which is rediculous we would have to resort to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

crollinsphoto wrote:

Sorry JJMack.  I don't want to have to do all that just for a picture package. I could maybe drag and drop images faster than that. I copied the scripts over from CS5 and they are not even recognized.

HOW TO: If you put them into Photoshop Presets/scripts or you add a link/short to you own scripts tree you need to stop and restart CS6 for them to be listed.  Also if your running windows 7 64 bit  your tree should not be in the C:\Program File tree for something windows 7 playes tricks with the name "Program Files" and will substittute "Programs Files (x86)" depenfing on exe being used

I do not know how to write my own scripts to make them work.

EASY IF: If you know some scripting it would not be hard to modify my batch multi image collage to use a single image and to rotate image to match the orintation of the template image slots. to produce a picture package foe each image in a folder.

Why in the world would Adobe make us go thru all this stuff when they could have asked us what features we use the most and keep those in there as default install like they did the contact sheet II.  Adobe guys really ticked off a lot of photographers this time. I read where many of them are not even going to upgrade from CS5 because of things like this.

CAN NOT ANSWER.  I do not work for Adobe

Now if you can write scripts for the windows version for me to try out that would be great and I would try it because I have no knowledge on how to do such stuff.

WHY SHOULD I? Scripting for me is work for I can not type or realy know JavaScript. 

JJMack. I see what you mean about contact sheet way but if I wanted a sheet of 12 wallets I would have to have 12 copies of the same image.  It will not duplicate just one image 12 times, if you want two 4x5's then you need to pick 2 images.  You cannot pick just one image and have it populate the image to as many as will fit.  No reason in this world why I should have 12 files of the same image to be able to get a sheet of 12 wallets.

ANSWER: I gave you a link for information for my Past Image Roll script that is included in my Photo Collage Toolkit. if all you want are 12 wallets use that script set it to create 12 copies of images and only select one image.

Example:  PasteImageRoll Dialog set to create 12 wallets 2"x3" on 8" roll paper. If you only have sheet paper select one image it will create three rows of four image so the image will be only 8"x9" and fit on 8.5x11 paper.  If you have roll paper select as many images as you want. Each Picture package will be 9"

walletRoll.jpg

Here I selected two portrait images. Images will be rotated to match cell size orintation and resized to fit. This is resized for the web.

twoPortrait.jpg

Lazy One I also modified my Batch Multi Image script for you. http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/BatchPicturePackage.jsx  Right click on the likn and save to yout machine. Put the scripr where you gave installed my Photo Collage Toolkit scripts.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the enormous amount of info. All of this is greek to me. What is a script tree?  As you see I'm very basic minded, what do I do with all the jsx files on your site? You mentioned an .exe file, where would that be put?  Basically I have no idea what you are talking about on these things. The scripts for picture package are text files and I copied those into the scripts layout folder on the 32 bit and 64 bit side both and restarted CS6 but in each one, they are not even listed or recognized. I suppose none of that is backwards compatible. Adobe acts like Bill Gates. Put out a new product without any input from the users and then puts users in a bind when it is not backwards compatible without any prior announcement so users can be prepared. Oh well, thank you JJ for everything but it is too technical for me.

How do I use your scripts after putting them in the folders you mention? Do I just click on the jsx files and they start?  I know nothing about all this stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I will just install CS3 or 4 and use that for picture package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a tutorial on making a picture package with smart object.  http://www.tipsquirrel.com/index.php/2010/05/picture-package-with-smar t-objects/

Takes a bit to set up but you then have it if you do the same style over again.

Message was edited by: Curt Y  Rats, says page not found.  But you might google it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt Y wrote:

Here is a tutorial on making a picture package with smart object.  http://www.tipsquirrel.com/index.php/2010/05/picture-package-with-smar t-objects/

That link does not seem to work.  In an append above I detailed how to create a smart object picture package.  There is however a big limitation.  When you replace a smart object contents you must replace it with content of the exact same pixel size width and height.  Which means you need to create Picture Package Templates for you packages for each source image size and orintation you intend to use. Like package 1 for image from camer "A" portrait and package 1 for images from camera "B" portrait

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

crollinsphoto wrote:

Thank you for the enormous amount of info. All of this is greek to me. What is a script tree?  As you see I'm very basic minded, what do I do with all the jsx files on your site? You mentioned an .exe file, where would that be put?  Basically I have no idea what you are talking about on these things. The scripts for picture package are text files and I copied those into the scripts layout folder on the 32 bit and 64 bit side both and restarted CS6 but in each one, they are not even listed or recognized. I suppose none of that is backwards compatible. Adobe acts like Bill Gates. Put out a new product without any input from the users and then puts users in a bind when it is not backwards compatible without any prior announcement so users can be prepared. Oh well, thank you JJ for everything but it is too technical for me.

How do I use your scripts after putting them in the folders you mention? Do I just click on the jsx files and they start?  I know nothing about all this stuff.

Its not my job to teach you about computers.  Each of your disk has one or more parttions and they are formatted for a file system.  File systems are more or less an inverted tree where the root is at the top of the tree like C:\  which contains file and  and branches out from there via folders.  Each fileder is like C:\ they can comtaind files and more folders. So each folder can be looke as like c:\  as a root top of a tree.   File systems also have what are called links which can connect a tree into some other tree join them. On a windows system a shortcut to a folder is a link.  So if you add a shortcut to a folder into a photoshop version script tree you join it to another tree. Photoshop Script tree in now bigger.  I try to keep anything I add to Photoshop outside of Adobe trees.  So when I install the next version of Photoshop all I have to do to install Photoshops additions is to join the new Adobe Photoshop Version trees to my existing Photoshop additions trees.

My Photo Collage Toolkit contains four types of Photoshop files.  Styles, Scripts, Action and Templates which are PSD documents. The two style files need to be installed,loaded into each Photoshop version. They can be loaded using the preset manager or by simply dropping the files onto Photoshop.  The Action set is optional it just add an additional way to run the scripts. The Template files can be anywhere on your system. I keep mine in a tree its root is "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Templates". There maye be a hard coded var in the scripts the is used it need not be correct.

Script are the *.jsx files.  As I wrote I keep my addition out side of Adobe trees and join my trees into adobe trees. Since you do not know how computer file systems work you may be better off just copying my scripts into Adobe Photoshop versions script trees.  If you run Windows 7 64bit Adpbe CS6 install process install two versions of Photoshop CS6 one executible (exe) file is a 64bit exe the other a 32bit exe. These are in two diffrent trees one "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6" the other "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6". In turn each of these has a scripts tree "C:\Program Files ... \Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Presets\Scripts" So just copy my script into both of these trees example into  folder "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Presets\Scripts" Scripts work in both the 32bit version and the 64bit version

By the way my Photoshop Photo Collage Toolkit script will be grouped together in a group in menu File>Scripts>List the list will contains groups with seperation lines. You use scripts from there File>Scripts>List

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Example using BatchPicturePackage.jsx. First you need to create a picture package template file.   created one for the print area of a 8.5" x 11" sheet paper 8.26" x 10.33".  I set guide line on all four sides and ones the split the document in halt in both directions. Ise the rectangle selection tool and draged out a selection for the top half and save it as Alpha Channel "Image 1" the I did two more for the bottom two halfs "Image 2" and "Image 3" removed the guides the saved PicturePackage3Prints.psd in my 8.5x11 template folder.

http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/PicturePackage3Prints.psd then ran the script BatchPicturePackage.jsx and selected that twmplate to be used selected input and output folder add no layer styles. Here is a down size output picture package example.

PicturePackage3Prints.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know about hard drives, partitions, etc but I have no idea what you are talking about "scrpt tree".  And how do you initiate or start the .jsx script? Just double click on it?  All this is too technical.  I just went ahead and installed CS3 that has the picture package and will use that.

As a backup, I also have the collage program fotofusion and their technical support was a big help in teaching me how to create picture package templates in their program and even showed me how to grab an image and how to populate it into as many copies as I need for the template I'm using in one keystroke.  Creating a template there is just one mouse click, then you adjust the size and you are done.

Thank you all for all your help and info but they are all too technical for someone who is not that technical minded. I needed to know simple ways and Lumapix told me how to do it in a mouse click with their program.  I do hope Adobe will offer it in an optional plugin so I can get rid of CS3 off my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most File Systems have a tree structure, Window's NTFS and FAT file systems do for sure.    Photoshop has menus I wrote how to use scripts menu Fils>Scripts>List Name.  Photoshop ships with powerful scripts like the image processor most users use it.  You seem to need step by step mouse click hand holding because your too lazy to use Photoshop menu Help to learn on your own,

Here you go.

Move the mouse cursor pointer to the menu bar to the menu File left click.

In the File menu item list move the mouse cursor pointer to item Scripts left click

in the Script Name list move the mouse cursor pointer to the Name of the script you want to use left click

I hope the above is not too technical for your mind to comprehend

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it seems you like to be condesending to those who do not have the

intelligence you do, this conversation is ended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just install the plugins for cs5.

Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don't know about the Windows side, but in the Mac  version installing "the plug-ins for CS5" in CS6, is a huge no-no guaranteed to break many aspects of the Save process—to the point where you won't even be able to save at all in most instances.  Even pointing the application to an Additional Plug-in Folder containing such CS5 plug-ins brings you nothing but grief.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the plugins for CS5?  Sorry, already did that, that will not work. In fact, Adobe said not to do that because CS6 is not backwards compatible to the CS5 optional plugins.  Just for kicks I put the plugin in anyway and CS6 just ignores it, will not even recognize it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't install the CS5 plugins because they work only in 32-bit mode, and CS6 is 64-bit only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines