Picture Restore from photo of photo

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A friend just lost her home to a house fire. Thankfully no one was hurt but she lost every picture she had of her father who died 20 years ago. The only thing I have to work with are som very low resolution picures that she had taken of some 4x6 or 5x7 of which most are blurry and have so few pixels that it is becoming very difficult to reproduce the photo. Some of these pictures are only 14-16KB in size.

My current train of though is what if I go home tomorrow and print these pictures out in wallet or 4x6 size to retain as much clarity as possible on good photo paper and then scan them back in at 600 DPI as a tiff. Although I know I wil still have the blurr and whatknot to deal with but would scanning it in with much higher pixel density allow me more leeway when trying to restore or would it somehow cause me even more issues? I have atached some of the photos so you can get a better idea of what I am working with.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Picture Restore from photo of photo

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A friend just lost her home to a house fire. Thankfully no one was hurt but she lost every picture she had of her father who died 20 years ago. The only thing I have to work with are som very low resolution picures that she had taken of some 4x6 or 5x7 of which most are blurry and have so few pixels that it is becoming very difficult to reproduce the photo. Some of these pictures are only 14-16KB in size.

My current train of though is what if I go home tomorrow and print these pictures out in wallet or 4x6 size to retain as much clarity as possible on good photo paper and then scan them back in at 600 DPI as a tiff. Although I know I wil still have the blurr and whatknot to deal with but would scanning it in with much higher pixel density allow me more leeway when trying to restore or would it somehow cause me even more issues? I have atached some of the photos so you can get a better idea of what I am working with.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 07, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»print these pictures out in wallet or 4x6 size to retain as much clarity as possible on good photo paper and then scan them back in at 600 DPI as a tiff.«

You would just be introducing printing artefacts and possibly paper details. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 0