• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picture to sketch

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a tutorial on youtube on how to turn a picture into more of a pencil sketch. I have done it many times and it always worked fine, now I can't get it to work for the life of me! The steps go like this, duplictae layer, decrease saturation, invert image, color dodge which makes the image all white. Then go into gaussian blur and turn up the pixels. That is where it stops working, it just stays white and doesnt bring any pixels back in! What am I doing wrong, or what did I accidently change to mess it up? Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jessicamanross1981 

You haven't given us a link to the tutorial nor showed any screen shots, so this is only a guess. Check your swatches to see if they are B&W. Type "D" to reset them to the Defaults.

If this isnt't it, give us the link and show screen shots. Use the Insert Image button (mountain and sun).

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link to the tutorial. I tried to go into swathces and press D but that didnt help. I am not sure what to try next, I am so frustarted with it right now! Thank you for your response though. 🙂 

(3) How to convert you Image into A Pencil Sketch in Photoshop. Photoshop Pencil Sketch effect tutor...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @jessicamanross1981 

It sounds like things go wrong for you at 01m44s. Can you show a screenshot of your image in that state? Be sure to have the layer selected and the Gaussian Blur panel still open.

If you have moved past this point already, use Undo and / or the History panel (Window menu) to step back before the Gaussian blur.

Typing "D" simply resets your foreground and background swatches to black and white. That was a guess without having more information, as many (but not all) filters use these swatches. You'll see them near the bottom of the Tools panel.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are so many filters out there that can achieve this.  You just have to download them.  Bad thing in my opinion none will ever look like a true sketch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines