• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pigeon, Color issues

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so i have the following question, my picture look a bit plane compared to others as you can see:Farbe.jpgTest.jpg

Top one is mine bottom is from others,

so maybe someone here can help/tell me if it has to do with the light setup, or maybe with my dslr or the camera lens that i am using or maybe if this is even possible to do in lightroom or photoshop.

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally just used that lower pigeon image for a client lol. 

The biggest difference I can see is that the birds have different plumage. Yours is mostly dark while the other is mosty light to medium. Before you go into setting up a new photoshoot, try this:

1. Duplicate the image. Hide one for later.

2. Use levels / curves in Photoshop to get a little more light into your image.

3. Make a selection of your bird.

4. Bring that seletion to a new layer.

5. With a very large brush, paint on the new layer (at about 30%) the bright color areas (green and pink).

6. Change the filter of the new layer (overlay maybe, but you'll have to toy with it).

That's pretty much it. Pretty easy actually except for the trial and error of the transparencies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your original photo is underexposed. Here you go:

Farbe_2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah i figured that out but how about the Green/purple part on the bird how are they getting those colors ? its not about the bird because all pictures look the same from these designers and mine look pretty plane on that part

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The green/purple isn't pigment, but light refraction in the feathers. Just like oil spill on water. It all depends on the lighting angle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lighting and exposure is the answer, as pointed out by Dag. So the "take it again filter" is the best one

You can bring out some colour with local adjustment brushes and saturation in the camera raw filter

Pigeon.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be so fun to actually create a new layer or two or three or four... and each layer paint various colors.  Make sure these layers are 'overlays'.  You could really come up with a unique looking pigeon that would blow the other people's minds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines