Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixelated Square appears - Photoshop 20.0.5 macOS 10.14.5

Participant ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been having a problem where sometimes while working on an image in PS CC a square that is hyper pixelated appears in my image.  If I zoom in or out sometimes it will go away.  I don't have a capture of it, but will grab one the next time I see it.  In the meantime is there anything I should test out?  All software is updated.

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5

PS 20.0.5

Message was edited by: Sahil Chawla

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Silvia,

That shouldn't be happening, let's make it right.

As there are pixelated squares appearing in Photoshop, could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

That sounds like a GPU issue. Unfortunately , being a Windows user, I cannot advise if or how you can check the GPU driver on a MAC. I hope another forum user may be able to help you with that.

In the meantime though, you may want to try checking "Use Legacy Compositing" in Preferences > Performance and see if it makes any difference.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fact that the problem is inconsistent suggests that a particular tool or function my be involved. For example, if the effect occurs when compositing, perhaps this will help:

Fig_.png

Please provide additional details: OS, PS Version, activity when it appears, image, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines