• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Place Embedded Dialog Box Bypassed

New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I was getting a lesson ready for my students, "place embedded" and "multiple artboards". When I would place an EPS or SVG, I would get the normal dialog box that asks what size and resolution I would like the placed image. Once I started presenting the lesson, that dialog box never appeared again. I uninstalled Photoshop and reinstalled. I even cleared out any reference of Photoshop in my Preference files, and did a pretty basic removal of anything called Photoshop in ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe. I just realized typing this I did not think to look in Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe. Regardless, the problem still persists. When I place an EPS or SVG, it gets placed immediately, whereas if I place a PDF, I will get the Choose a page dialog box. I find it weird it stopped doing it with the same exact file still open from when it worked 30 minutes ealrier. I'll attach a Googled version of the diaglog box I can no longer see.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Followup: I found the following in an Adobe helpx page about this here

• To automatically rasterize the art when pasting it into a Photoshop document, turn off the PDF and the AICB (No Transparency Support) options in the File Handling & Clipboard preferences.

• To paste the art as a Smart Object, rasterized image, path, or shape layer, turn on the PDF and the AICB (No Transparency Support) options in the File Handling & Clipboard preferences.

I am using Photoshop version 22.3.1 and I don't see those options in my Photoshop Preferences. In fact, I don’t even have a Clipboard Preference area. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines