Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Place embedded files sequentially

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I need to place two embedded files file1 and file2 into psd file, apply some adjustment, print, delete layers with embedded files and start over with file3 and file4 and so on until the last file in a folder. Is it possible to make in Photoshop? I tried to make it in action but can't find how to place embedded files sequentially.

Can someone help? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Actions can noot use Logic to do comples processing.  However Photoshop Scripts can.

The Batch  Photo Collage Populating scripts in my Photoshop Photo Collage toolkit may be able to do what you want to do. If the adjustment you want to make are always the same.  You may be able to create a PSD template files that has adjustment layer that apply to all lower layer and mask to where the image will be located.  The scripts will place in the image layers above the Template's Background layer below al

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actions can noot use Logic to do comples processing.  However Photoshop Scripts can.

The Batch  Photo Collage Populating scripts in my Photoshop Photo Collage toolkit may be able to do what you want to do. If the adjustment you want to make are always the same.  You may be able to create a PSD template files that has adjustment layer that apply to all lower layer and mask to where the image will be located.  The scripts will place in the image layers above the Template's Background layer below all the adjustments layer.   When the Template is fully populated a populated PSD file will be saved and then the next set of images will be populated into the template.  When all Images have been populated and the populated templates have been saved the script will end its execution.

Photo Collage Toolkit

Photoshop scripting is powerful and I believe this package demonstrates this here is a video showing a 5 image collage PSD template  being populated with images

The package includes four simple rules to follow when making Photo Collage Template PSD files so they will be compatible with my Photoshop scripts.

1. Size the photo collage templates for the print size you want - width, height and print DPI resolution.
  2. Photo collage templates must have a Photoshop background layer. The contents of this layer can be anything.
  3. Photo collage templates must have alpha channels named "Image 1", "Image 2", ... "Image n".
  4. Photo collage templates layers above the background layers must provide transparent areas to let the images that will be placed below them show through.

There are fifteen scripts in this package they provide the following functions:

1. HelpPhotoCollageToolkit.jsx - Online Help
  2. TestCollageTemplate.jsx - Used to test a Photo Collage Template while you are making it with Photoshop.
  3. CollageTemplateBuilder.jsx - Can build Templates compatible with this toolkit's scripts.
  4. LayerToAlphaChan.jsx - Used to convert a Prototype Image Layer stack into a template document.
  5. InteractivePopulateCollage.jsx - Used to interactively populate Any Photo Collage template. Offers most user control inserting pictures and text.
  6. ReplaceCollageImage.jsx - use to replace a populated collage image Smart Object layer with an other image correctly resized and positioned.
  7. ChangeTextSize.jsx - This script can be used to change Image stamps text size when the size used by the populating did not work well.
  8. PopulateCollageTemplate.jsx - Used to Automatically populate a Photo Collage template and leave the populated copy open in Photoshop.
  9. BatchOneImageCollage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Collage templates that only have one image inserted. The Collage or Image may be stamped with text.
  10. BatchMultiImageCollage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Any Photo Collage template with images in a source image folder. Easier to use than the interactive script. Saved collages can be tweaked.
  11. PasteImageRoll.jsx - Paste Images into a document to be print on roll paper.
  12. BatchPicturePackage.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Any Photo Collage template with an image in a source image folder.  Images Rotates for best fit.
  13. BatchPicturePackageNoRotate.jsx - Used to Automatically Batch Populate Any Photo Collage template with an image in a source image folder.
  14. PopulatePicturePackage.jsx - Used to Automatically populate a Photo Collage template Fill with the same single image and leave the populated copy open in Photoshop.
  15. PCTpreferences.jsx - Edit This File to Customize Collage Populating scripts default setting and add your own Layer styles.

Documentation and Examples

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i don't know if here is the right place for my question but here is my issue.

I have two folders with 1000 frames each, what i want to do is maybe with a script perhaps.

So in Photoshop i want the first frame of the folder A to be open, and then place embedded the first frame of the folder B

and then for the second frame of the folder A to be open, and then place embedded the second frame of the folder B, etc.

after the embedded layer has taken place, i want to rasterize, it rename it and delete the second layer from the top (each file of the folder A has many layers but i want tonly to replace the first layer with the accordinate file of folder B).

Is there any script that does this job in PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally you would make a brand new topic.

Yes this can be scripted. A detailed step by step point breakdown of the process and screenshots of the layers panel and or sample images would also be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did create a n ew post with images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll give it a look when I have time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines