• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placed Images have pixelation

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, getting something really weird with my Photoshop. Everytime I place an image into Photoshop, it degrades.

Here is the image as previewed in Windows Photos app.

Everything looks good, but this is what happens when I place it into Photoshop.

Anyone know what is happening?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Normal Place image scale via interpolation. Only placed Vector File like .svg and .ai file are vector smart objects.  And there are no actual path for these vector file in Photoshop. If you  open these vector Smart Object Layers Object, if you have AI installed on your machine the vector .svg and .ai file will be opened in Illustrator.

If you place in a small object if you scale the layer way up in size the image will be interpolated and tend to become soft and blurry. What you posted looks like

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normal Place image scale via interpolation. Only placed Vector File like .svg and .ai file are vector smart objects.  And there are no actual path for these vector file in Photoshop. If you  open these vector Smart Object Layers Object, if you have AI installed on your machine the vector .svg and .ai file will be opened in Illustrator.

If you place in a small object if you scale the layer way up in size the image will be interpolated and tend to become soft and blurry. What you posted looks like ihe interpolation method you default to cause the image to posterize some. The second image more than the first one both image seem ho has this effect.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you place the image and not open it?

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and it was becasue i was placing my image.   When i opened it like you say it was fine.   I didn't realise there was a difference.  Thanks for the tip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The image might get scaled when placing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines