• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing motifs geometrically

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I want to place motifs geometrically. For example, I have four motifs (different size and form). I then would place two of them and space them equally using the middle axis. I could do this with the second pair too. (There is this pink grader coming up.) But how would I get the same space between the upper row and the lower row the same as the distance between the two motifs? So the distance on the x-axis is the same as the distance on the y-axis? Sorry if this isn't explained very clearly.

Another thing I would like to do is placing motifs in a diagonal way. Is there an easy way to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn on the optional grid lines from View > Show > Grid.  Positioning layers is sometimes easier with Snap to Grid enabled (your choice).

Use Edit > Transform > to rotate layers as needed.  In this example, I rotated the bottom hearts 180° (see screenshot).

image.png

Hope this helps.  If not, post back with screenshots of what you're working with.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

defaultyi0oukab6u6c_0-1621019645640.png

Hi Nancy, I found the grid, thank you for this. Now I'd like to place the motifs in a way, that the tips of the leaves showing into the centre have the same distance to each other, so that a=b and d=c and a=d and b=c. Do you think there is a way to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming each shape is on a separate layer, open the Layers Panel and use shift + click to select 2 layers.

Go to top menu Layer > Align > select an option from the list.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines