Highlighted

Plastic Wrap acting like a cheap portrait filter. Need to apply to entire image!

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use the Plastic Wrap filter. Whenever I use it, the effect only gets applied to the center of the image and the effect is very highlighted. It almost looks like a cheap portrait filter.

Is there a way to have the Plastic Wrap filter apply to the entire image, without the center highlighting effect? Is there some setting I'm missing?

When I slide the "Highlight effects" to the left to minimize the crazy bright spot, it also minimize the Plastic wrap effect. so to remove highlighting also removes all of the plastic wrap effect.

I'm using CC 2020 on a 2019 MBP, Running Catalina 10.15.6

Platic Wrap appliesPlatic Wrap appliesOriginalOriginal

Topics

Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Plastic Wrap acting like a cheap portrait filter. Need to apply to entire image!

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use the Plastic Wrap filter. Whenever I use it, the effect only gets applied to the center of the image and the effect is very highlighted. It almost looks like a cheap portrait filter.

Is there a way to have the Plastic Wrap filter apply to the entire image, without the center highlighting effect? Is there some setting I'm missing?

When I slide the "Highlight effects" to the left to minimize the crazy bright spot, it also minimize the Plastic wrap effect. so to remove highlighting also removes all of the plastic wrap effect.

I'm using CC 2020 on a 2019 MBP, Running Catalina 10.15.6

Platic Wrap appliesPlatic Wrap appliesOriginalOriginal

Topics

Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop and macOS are you using?

Can you post an example image when it's open the Plastic Wrap filter?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!

CC 2020

Catalina 10.15.6

here's the original and the Plastic wrap version

Plastic WrapPlastic WrapOriginalOriginal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO, the image is unsuitable, too much empty space. Try cropping the image to bring up the horizon line.  As I said earlier, the more pixels you have for the filter to grab onto, the better your results will be.

Have fun!

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Artistic filters much in my work and Plastic Wrap is not something I ever use.  But filters need plenty of pixels to work on.  If the outer edges of your canvas are lacking pixels, the filter has nothing to grab onto. 

Not sure what you're hoping for.  In this example, I have Highlight Strength on 20 and Details and Smoothness at 8.  image.png

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy!

For me, the effect is being applied only to the center. I just want the plastic wrap to cover the entire image like in yours.

I'm using CC 2020 and am running Catalina 10.15.6Plastic Wrap appliedPlastic Wrap appliedOriginalOriginal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Play with the sliders. Apply it twice. It is over the whole image, the effect is more prominent in the center. I applied it twice to make it more... 

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 11.48.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 11.49.22 AM.png

  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Drew M. LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. check out this image. I did this one maybe 10 years ago and the effect is not only on the entire image, but there's no highlight either. Maybe they changed how the effect worked.I'm trying to remember the OS & PS versions I was using. It might be that I need an Old Os/PS combo.

Brown Planet.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines